Can I Goex??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyman8xi2

Reaction score
I am wondering if I can shoot Goex FFg ("REAL" black powder) out of an in-line I have ordered a cva buckhorn to replace a side hammer I broke. I have 1.5 pounds of it left and want to use it up. :?:

Without a doubt you can shoot Goex out of that rifle. And I will bet you have excellent results. Try 100 grains of it and a projectile like a shockwave or an XTP. Goex to this day is one of my favorite powders. It will work just fine.

Of course you can--shoot it up. It will be a little dirtier, but I bet the Goex is very accurate in your rifle. Have fun.

I shot a CVA Buckhorn for 12 yrs with 90gr. 2-F Goex with a 223 gr. PowerBelt Areo Tip and dang put them in the same hole @ 85 yards.
Thats a fine rifle for the money you paid. I kill'd alot of deer with that combo. A buddy of mine like how it shot so I sold it to him for his son. Keep that barrel clean and she'll shoot straight for along time.

That's good info.
I have a pound of 3F and a pound of 4F that I got for my flintlock.

Just curious Flyman, what kind of sidehammer do you have, and how did you break it?

I use GOEX in all of my guns, including two in-lines - a TC Omega and a Lyman Mustang. In my experience, GOEX is the most "forgiving" powder there is.

Latest posts

Back