help! best accurate rifled 20gauge deer gun?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jigalojay13

Reaction score
basically i dont own a real good slug gun and im looking to purchase a new one. i hear that center fire shotguns are most accurate but there only single shot. i would perfer a semi-auto. but if center fire is alot more accurate i was thinking of going with the new thomason encore pro 20gauge. any thoughts? any good accurate 20gauge rifled semi-auto guns on the market?

TarHunt makes an excellent 2 shot bolt action shotgun in a 20. Savage is coming out with a 20 gauge bolt action this fall. I have a friend that has a Remington semi in a 12 guage that shoots well. Not much help on the 20 semi for you from me, others may know of a good one in that gauge.

thanks that helps i deff will check into those.... i mean as long as i got two shots that plenty if i can't hit the deer wit that well then i shouldn't be in the woods

just wondering if anyone here has tried the tc encore wit a 20gauge rifled barrel and what there comments on it are?

I currenltly own a Tar-Hunt RSG 20 ga and a Savage 210 12ga, I also just sold a second custom Tar-Hunt 20ga, and have owned several Browning A-bolt's 12ga's.

Based on my experiences with all of these guns I would strongly recomend the Savage 220 when it becomes available.

JC

jigalojay13 said:
just wondering if anyone here has tried the tc encore wit a 20gauge rifled barrel and what there comments on it are?

I have a T/C 20 Gauge Pro Hunter slug gun. I am shooting sub- inch groups at 50 yards and 100 yards with my 20 gauge slug handloads.

JC gave me a link to 20 gauge load data and components.

Chocdog

Back