SABOT CHOICES

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllThingsNV

Reaction score
I have yet to fire my new Wolf, but tomorrow is fast approaching. :D I know have everything I need to fire and clean the gun including the 295gr Powerbelts that the gun came with. For the sake of wanting to try a couple different projectiles I went and bought some Hornady XTP 300gr in .452 or .451, can't remember. The store that I was at had a tiny selection of 50 cal sabots, so I opted for the, from what I can remember;
T/C Powerglides. They are the yellow ones with two notches vs. 4 notches I've seen elsewhere online. Are these a decent sabot? Does anyone have any experience with them and where can I find a more diverse selection of sabots?

AllThingsNV

I think you might be be thinking about the 'Super Glide' sabots. MMP makes the sabot for TC and it is designed to be a very thin sabot for tight bore.

I am not sure what diameter bore that your Wolf might have, but you might find these to be loose. There is also a chance that they might fit just fine. What you could do is remove the breech plug, INSERT IGNORE a bullet and sabot in the bore and push it through. If it pushes through very easily you might want to move up to a black sabot (HPH-24)

Back