Thompson Center Triumph

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulldog

Reaction score
Thompson Center Triumph Muzzleloading Rifle
50 Caliber Synthetic Stock
28" Blue Barrel

What's a good price on these???
Bulldog...

Best price I'm finding is $412 @ cheaper than dirt
From a private seller it depends on how motivated they are
I'd offer $275 and see what happens

I paid $275 for mine but the owner of the sports store here owed me a favor, not sure but I think that is only a small percent over the whole sale.

You can find those Triumphs at some great deals if you just watch for them at Cabelas. I saw them for $279.00 not to long ago. I paid $249.00 for mine back in September.

Triumph

It's an okay price. I would shop around if you don't have the fever too much, check Gun Broker they start at $350 and up. My buddy got his for $250.

Well I bought one...Stainless w/weather shield.
Any loads suggestions for this one?
Bulldog...

bulldog said:
Well I bought one...Stainless w/weather shield.
Any loads suggestions for this one?
Bulldog...
Mine likes the 250g Shockwaves and 100g Pyrodex RS. Im going to feed it some Blackhorn 209 this weekend.

My son uses 250 grain Shockwaves for target practice with 80 grains of BH209 powder. Its very accurate, one inch groups at 100 yards. He uses 250 grain Barnes TEZs with 80 grains of BH209 for deer hunting and has taken deer out to 105 yards.

BuckDoeHunter said:
My son uses 250 grain Shockwaves for target practice with 80 grains of BH209 powder. Its very accurate, one inch groups at 100 yards. He uses 250 grain Barnes TEZs with 80 grains of BH209 for deer hunting and has taken deer out to 105 yards.

Which primer are you using with BH209? Or does it matter with this gun.
Thanks!
Bulldog...

We have used Winchester, Federal, CCI209, and CCI209M. Finally settled on the CCI209Ms. One of our guns didn't like the other ones but the Triumph shot them all with good results.

Picked up my triump blue/black in nov 09,pine ridge 2x7 scope,starter kit,free shipping from cableas.. total damage was $279.00 smokin deal.90-110 gr 777 losse with the mentioned 250 gr TEZ bullets it's a tack driver..

Ok...the instruction manual says max load is 150 gr. of black powder or approved black powder substitute... does this include T7 & BH209?

Bulldog...

bulldog said:
Ok...the instruction manual says max load is 150 gr. of black powder or approved black powder substitute... does this include T7 & BH209?

Bulldog...

Yes but i dont recommend over 120gr of any loose powder. Some have ok results but anything over 130gr is really pushing the limit with T7 or BH209. 120gr in my 54cal is painful to say the least with a 385gr bullet.

Personally i stick to 110gr or less and my results in almost any gun have been great with upto 110gr. At 120gr i start seeing higher pressure signs on sabots and primers. The signs start to show at about 110gr so i stop there.

You results may vary :wink:

bulldog wrote:

NO! Always check what the powder manufacturer says about their max load. Loose T7 is less than 150 grains, I'm not sure what they say is the max, I've never used it. BH209 says 120 grains is max and they also state a lesser amount depending on how much your bullet weighs.

Back