Triumph Bone Collector group

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tndeer

Reaction score
Here is a 6 shot group fired today at 100 yds with the Bone Collector. I was using 110 gr of BH209 by volume with the 250 gr Barnes TEZ in the supplied blue sabot. It was ignited with a CCI mag primer. At 50 yds, I had the gun sighted in about 2 inches high. Notice I have 2 different impact groups, not sure why this happened. I tried to allow 2 to 3 minuted between shots. I was shooting off a good rest. I may have influenzed the gun by how hard I was holding onto the gun. Tried to use a snug grip since this gun has a little recoil. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I thought with a 2 inch high at 50 yds, I should be about 2-3 inches high at 100yd. Don't have a chronograph but probably getting between 1900-2000 fps.

TriumphBC.jpg

Triumph Bone Collector

By the way, the first shot was taken from a dirty barrel. I shot the gun 5 times yesterday at 50 yds and didn't clean the gun. I know a warm barrel can cause vertical stringing, bedding problems, and probably gripping the gun inconsistently. The bullets loaded fairly consistently with just a little initial resistance. How high should I be at 50 yds to get a 1-2 inch high at 100 yds? Thanks

I ran a bit of a test on my Triumph and Endeavor one day about a month a go with an improvised scale and Blackhorn powder.
I used 20- 40- 60 pounds of pressure on the ram rod to seat the bullets.
Now we all know a gun will like certain bullets for no good reasons and require certain sabots and powder loads and some times a certain powder.
The loads I was working with were established loads for the gun and could normally be expected to shot around a minute of angle.
The ones loaded with 20 pounds pressure literally shot all over the ones with 40 pounds of pressure looked about like what you have and the ones with 60 pounds shot fairly good but not quite up to normal.
My conclusion was that I normally use close to 80 pounds of pressure and that if I changed that it better be up not down.

LEE 9 you have mentioned your stiff loading pressure before and all i can say is that it helped shrink my group's alot.i do'nt really know my how many pounds i put on my bone handle range rod but it's very firm. thanks.....karl

When I sighted my new Omega Z5 in this past saturday, I set up a target at 50 yds and got the bullet impacting dead on at point of aim. I moved the target back to 100 yds and the point of impact was only 1/2" higher.
As far as I can remember...this has always been the case with my sight-ins when using 100 gr. T7 and a 250 gr. Shockwave in my Omegas.
Ive never really sighted in any different since my longest shot where I hunt is 120-140 yds.
My hunting buddy sights in 2" high at 100 yds since his longest possible shots are around 160 yds, but his point of impact at 50 and 100 yards is nearly identical as well. He also shoots 100 gr. of T7 and a 250gr. Shockwave.

Try a harvester short black sabot,or even a crush rib, that really tightend my groups up, my groups were not great with supplied blue sabot. The HSB held the best groups........

Latest posts

Back