new scope

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mau118

Reaction score
I have a CVA Optima and am looking on putting a scope on it. Going deer hunting in a couple months and want something besides my red dot. I was thinking about the UltimateSlam. But then I saw the Nikon Omega, which they have in camo to match my gun. Any suggestions from people that have them. Or any other scope that I didnt mention. Thanks for your help guys.

Omega

I have the BDC in silver. I like the view, the image is very clear and no fogging issues. I do not like the dots and the idea that I have to use their grains to dial in the scope. It is not set for what I shoot but what theor requirement is. I am looking at laternatives and will sell this. I do not beleive it is set up for someone who changes lloads and bullets very often.

I have the Nikon Omega and really like the scope. Mine does not have the BDC but that is of little concern to me. Another good scope is the Nikon Pro Staff in 2-7x32mm . I like their optics a lot and for the money, there is not a better scope IMO.

Nikon also has the Buckmaster scope in their line in camo. Mine is a 3x9x40 mm in Nikoplex (no BDC) and is for sale. I'm asking $150 plus $10 for shipping. Reason: I upgraded to the Omega BDC in camo.
Triggerfinger :lol:

:D :D :D

I agree 100% with cayuga. I have 2 accuras and they both have the Nikon Pro Staff 2x7x32 on each one. Optics are great the price even better.

I went with the Omega with the BDC. So far so good. While I havent payed attention to what loads they say to use the BDC works pretty good. I just figure which circle works for what distance and where I need to put it on the animal. Will see how it works next week on deer. :D

Back