• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made my ramrods from brass tubing I got at Ace. I got a tube that just fit my I don't like the flex in the synthetic rods and after one wood one breaking, I wasleary of that option alsothimbles, then one a size smaller that would slide inside the first tube to gice me a double wall thickness. I cut them to length, then soldered a filed down brass 10-32 nut in one end and a cut off brass cleaning jag in the other end. I don't like the flex in the synthetic rods and after having a wood one break, I was leery of that also.

I made my ramrods from brass tubing I got at Ace. I got a tube that just fit my I don't like the flex in the synthetic rods and after one wood one breaking, I wasleary of that option alsothimbles, then one a size smaller that would slide inside the first tube to gice me a double wall thickness. I cut them to length, then soldered a filed down brass 10-32 nut in one end and a cut off brass cleaning jag in the other end. I don't like the flex in the synthetic rods and after having a wood one break, I was leery of that also.
Sound good if I can figger it out :)

If you can find a hobby shop, they keep brass tubing for building Radio Controlled Airplanes and cars for a multitude of things. Hobby Lobby used to keep some brass tubing.
I also bought some from OnLineMetals.com. Brass Tubing- On Line Metals
You can pick the diameter, wall thickness and what length you want it cut and they ship it to you in hard tube. Very cheap I think.
Mike

Last edited:
If you can find a hobby shop, they keep brass tubing for building Radio Controlled Airplanes and cars for a multitude of things. Hobby Lobby used to keep some brass tubing.
You can pick the diameter, wall thickness and what length you want it cut and they ship it to you in hard tube. Very cheap I think.
Mike
There used to be a couple in Pueblo, CO.
It's almost impossible to find one in business anymore.
Might find one on the internet, or do an internet search for one in your area.
Sad state of affairs this Country has come to.

Mike
Yep dern good idea i didn't think of.There's a place in town that has a lot of plane stuff!! We thank the colonel !

Last edited:
I do not have a micrometer,does anyone know the thickness and diameter i should order for the ramrod?I'm just going to order one from OnLine Metals gas is over 4 bucks a gallon where i am.

agree on the wood and synthetic rods. Yrs ago I hit up a Tool and Die maker and he recommended a machinable fiberglass rod, works great, its a little light in color but it has never failed me even in the late Mz ldr. season in Indiana

My home-rendered ramrods have been constructed from solid aluminum rods (0.375") gained from an area sheet metal shop.
Drilled and tapped to accommodate fittings. Compliments stainless finish of my Rem 700 ML and Gonic GA-9320210816_075028.jpg20210816_074905.jpg

Latest posts

Back