1st outing w/Blacktail

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Took my NIB White Blacktail Hunter to the gun club Saturday for the first time. Tried some 496gr Trashcans, 460gr .503's and 504's from the Bullshop. All with Swiss 3F, RWS 1075 caps and a unlubed wool overpowder wad.

004.jpg

By the time the smoke cleared I settled for 65gr Swiss 3F and the .504 Bullshop. The .503's and Trashcans were too undersized to get any good groups out of them. This group was at 100 yards and measures a little under 1.1 inches center to center. Scope is a Leupold 2-7X33 vx i.

003.jpg

Good shooting Nim!

Up 5 clicks and Left 3 clicks and you shoud be on the money. That is a Great looking rifle, I'm jealous. :wink:

What is the LOP on those?

Very impressive! I wish I would have jumped on one of those.
Art

Very nice shootin, looks like I missed the boat on those babys. Thats a great lookin rifle. That there group is a true testimate to just how good them ther Whites shoot.

Nimrodder said:
Busta, the LOP is 14 inches-- just about right for me 8) .

Thanks! I like 14-1/4", but that would do. My M-98 is only 13-3/8", I put a small slip on LimbSaver to bring it up to 14-3/8". :wink:

Always wanted one of them teflon coated buggers, but I have more muzzleloaders than I know what to do with now. :oops:

Cool Nim, I hope mine groups that well.

The one listed on AA has been there for one year, The guy wont budge on the price either. I would like to get one with the Elk scene just to have a pair of em.

Great group Nim!! Now that my encore problem child is gone I will spend more time with my Whites. Gonna put a Leupold 3-9X40 on the S91 .504 (from the encore) and take off the Nikon 2-7X33 scope. I like the Nikon's but the 33mm doesn't let you see late in the evening I found out!! :roll:

I came so close to calling and ordering one of them when FG posted the site and I kept telling myself that I did not need another rifle. Now I wish I had not listened to myself after seeing your rifle. What a beautiful rifle. And of course a white and an conical were made in heaven. Nice shooting. Of course I give the person behind the stock a little credit for that too.

Very nice looking muzzleloader and great shooting. I need to get a White.

Nice shootin', bro!

I size the Trashcans for the Wilson barrels. Not that funky crown stuff... :lol: Some of the tighter Clerke barrels will shoot 'em.

UC

Why are they down on the funky crown - mine shoots lights out and I even violate the DWB rules and shoot every thing from it....

Sabotloader, refresh my memory but what is the sabot/bullet combo you shoot out of the UMAG? I want to find a flatter shooting load for the family farm next fall. Sent ya a PM.

Back