Winchester model 94

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylorhaught

Reaction score
This weekend, my dad passed down to me my grandads 30-30 that he bought in the early 1940's It has huge sentimental value to my family. I have 3 other brothers and we drew names out of a hat to see who the lucky son was to get it. Yea for me. If this gun could only talk. We sat around for a few hours with my dad and he told a bunch of stories on the game this gun killed from mt lions, bear, javelina, elk, deer, even turkey a few times. As soon as I can I will post pics of the gun. It is in perfect condition and still shoots very well. He carved into the butt his brands that he had when he owned ranches in AZ

I had one of them and ended up selling it to my brother.

I am sure the rifle's memories will be a real treasure as the rifle is as well...

I remeber when I first got to carry a rifle hunting (8 yrs old) and it was with this gun. My friend and I jumped a muley buck at a water hole and I actioned the gun, raised it up, pulled the trigger and ....... click. I forgot to stop actioning the gun and ejected all the bullets out. The deer ran away :)

taylorhaught said:
I remeber when I first got to carry a rifle hunting (8 yrs old) and it was with this gun. My friend and I jumped a muley buck at a water hole and I actioned the gun, raised it up, pulled the trigger and ....... click. I forgot to stop actioning the gun and ejected all the bullets out. The deer ran away :)

now thats funny right there :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

taylor- congrats that gun has more value to you than any you could buy new

When people ask "Which is your favorite gun" you can forever say "the one my Dad gave to me" that is worth more than money can buy.

I have my Dad's Model 94 and it is the last gun I would ever get rid of. Every now and then I leave the modern rifle at home and hunt deer with it, and when it goes "bang", the deer goes "flop".

You didn't tell me about the drawing of names. Your brothers must be hating you.

Yea, my dad wanted to do it so the other brothers had a fair chance at it. You should have been there, my dad drew the name out of the hat then said, "We are fixin' to see a fight". I knew then it was my name he drew.

he felt bad then gave everyone else a gun of their choice. My oldest brother got my grandads duty weapon .357 mag Colt with Turquoise inlay, my older brother got his Ruger .44 mag, my brother in-law got his old .22 Marlin lever action, and my younger brother got my grandads concealed .38 sp without a hammer (kind of rare i believe). There are 4 more guns left..... crossing my fingers

That's really neat. Nice collection of guns with a lot of sentimental value.

Back