Waking up Brutus

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mofish

Reaction score
Deer season is just a month away, and this morning I decided to take out Brutus and see if all was well and it was ready. I fired a  few shots at 75 yds. as it's pretty tough for these old eyes to see the sight in stickers much further. A good friend gave me this rifle years ago, and it's a veteran. It's a .62 caliber and he called it Brutus...which has stuck with me through the years. I think it's ready for hunting. 
uHZbWmol.jpg

QLZ8Rk7l.jpg

That'll do. Looks like a recoil friendly buttplate but I bet it still moves you.

Even off of a bench, it is actually a pretty easy rifle to shoot. I use 90 grains of 3f in it, behind a patched round ball....but it doesn't kick nearly as hard as a guy would think it should.

looks to be an 8" target with a tiny 1" bulls eye.

Excellent shooting! That will sure put a good size hole into what ever it hits!

You're right, it is an 8" target. I have shot hogs and deer with it before, and it does a good job of it! Last year I carried a .58 caliber for deer, and never got a shot with it....finally had to give up and shoot em' with a modern rifle that would reach out a little further.

Latest posts

Back