Redfield scope

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brown truck showed up today !! :D

redfieldDSCN0369.jpg

dalberg said:
how is it?

Its amazing !!!
its very sharp and i was blown away at how far away i could see a .22 hole in the snow . i would look at a small target ( hole in the snow or base of a weed ) one ridge and two ridges away , guess which reticle to use , and nail the target or darn close 1''-3 '' . I was shooting a easy 150+ yards with it . NO WIND . I was very impressed with both the scope and my ruger 77/22 WMR . I forgot my rage finder and will bring it along next time ,to see how far away the ridges are . They were aways though .

UtahRob said:
dalberg said:
how is it?

Its amazing !!!
its very sharp and i was blown away at how far away i could see a .22 hole in the snow . i would look at a small target ( hole in the snow or base of a weed ) one ridge and two ridges away , guess which reticle to use , and nail the target or darn close 1''-3 '' . I was shooting a easy 150+ yards with it . NO WIND . I was very impressed with both the scope and my ruger 77/22 WMR . I forgot my rage finder and will bring it along next time ,to see how far away the ridges are . They were aways though .

Took my Range finder back out there today i was off on it being 150 yards it was 210 yards :) used my nikon 550 range finder . I could see .22 hole in the snow at 210 + yards with the redfield . VERY IMPRESSED !!!

kewl :D ive been wanting to get one of those redfields ... just to have one. im kind of partial to the 2-7x's, but that one looks good.

im partial to the ruger 77/22 mag, too ... just picked one up:

IMG_0894.jpg

trigger is typical ruger awful, but otherwise it is a really nice little rifle.

n8dawg6 said:
kewl :D ive been wanting to get one of those redfields ... just to have one. im kind of partial to the 2-7x's, but that one looks good.

im partial to the ruger 77/22 mag, too ... just picked one up:

IMG_0894.jpg

trigger is typical ruger awful, but otherwise it is a really nice little rifle.

Now that's a thing of beauty !!!

I am hooked on the .22 mags .
I changed the trigger spring with a ink pen spring and it helped a lot !!

mine prefers the hornady 30 g. vmaxes. tried various other kinds of ammo, and it wasn't particularly crazy about any of them (although the CCI did pretty well). those vmaxes though shot nice little groups. and they are very nearly flat to 100 yds, there isnt even 1/2" of drop between 50 and 100.

i agree with you, its a great caliber. and ruger makes a nice little rifle ... it just feels right

I tried some 33 grain Remington accu-tip . Most accurate bullet so far that i have used in my .22 mag , 22 lr or my .17 hmr . I shot a 5 shot group and had 4 out of five in a very small clover leaf and pulled on 1/4 out . The group was over twice as tight as the 40 grain CCI maxi Mags i had . But the Rems are 15.95 at W.M.

Back