Vortex Scopes Customer Service

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kentucky Colonel

Reaction score
I had a issue with a new scope I had purchased. I contacted the Vortex parts department via e-mail and wrote:

"I bought a new VORTEX CROSSFIRE 2 3-9×50 BDC recently. I managed to slip and put an unsightly ding on the Windage Turret Cap with the logo. I was wondering if you would sell me a replacement?"

This is the reply I received:

"Thank you for contacting Vortex!
I would be happy to get you a new windage cap for your Crossfire scope. No charge on that. I will get one in the mail for you.
Have a great day!"

I confess to being startled at this level of caring customer service. I thought you guys should know. I was very impressed.

KC

Good Deal I have heard there are really good at replacing items even if its our fault. I have one of there range finders and like it alot.

I have a couple of there scopes .Have nothing but good to say about them nice clear view and hold there zero perfectly.

Glad to hear it; just bought some Vortex binox for a Christmas gift. Thanks for sharing your experience.

It’s always good to hear when a Company stands behind their Product 👍 Vortex is WELL known for it. I had to send in a Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 Model 5-25X50 FFP, This is a 1,000.00 Dollar Scope mind ya! I had this Scope on my Knight Mountaineer, it did GREAT for a couple of outings and then out of the Blue it wouldn’t Hold Zero anymore??? Looking back, this Happened right at the Time i was Trying for 825 Yards, I am 99.9% Confident the Scope Failed During that Shoot? The very next Outing it was Way off and Would NOT Hold Zero? The Scope went back to Vortex, They sent me a Brand New Scope (And by ALL means they Should have!) The letter said that it had Broke internally, or something like that? I ended up Trading the Vortex and Buying a Nightforce

I have a Vortex...Crossfire ll I think. I removed a 3x9 Nikon off my 7mm/08 and put the Vortex on because it had a ballistic reticle and I wanted the extra references. Bore sighted it at home and then went out to fine tune it. It shot all over the place, 6-7" groups off sandbags at 100 yards. Checked bases and mounts, put back together and same thing. I had the old scope with me and finally put it back on to troubleshoot and viola, shot a 1" group. So something wrong with the Vortex right out of the box, I suspect a cracked inner lense even though I can't see any small black streaks from the edge of the FOV in the scope. Still haven't gotten around to sending it in, no rush since I have other scopes, but have 100% confidence that they will take care of me when I send it in. I've never heard a bad word about their CS.

I too own two vortex optics. Binoculars 10X40 and a 8 power monocular. Great optics for the price. Haven't had to deal with their customer service folks yet which is great but it's nice to see others have had good experiences, Thanks for the report.

Back