Vortek Ultralight LDR - Hornady FPB

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Took the Traditions Ultra Light LDR out late this evening with 100gr Blackhorn209, CCI 209M primers and the 300gr Hornady FPB. Man are those mofo's tight loading! I actually felt like crying due to my palm hurting from pounding on the short starter :lol:

They shot AMAZING out of this gun though, so if I was hunting with them, I'd be EXTREMELY confident in the rifles ability to place it in an elk or any game animal.
DSCN3928.jpg

This IS a 3 shot group from 100 yards.
DSCN3929.jpg

Back side of the target is a little easier to see the outlines of the bullets. That'd be the big gaping hole LOL. The rest are AK rounds from earlier.
DSCN3931.jpg

One hell of a shooter! I did give it a few minutes between shots as I found it likes that best with the FPB bullets.

I have played with the 300's & the 350's in all of my guns with no success, but I can tell you that they expand to make a huge hole. Wish they shot better as I can buy them for 9.99 a pkg!

Since my Optima seems to favor the Thors .502's, I might have to try some of the 300 grainers.

I tried some of the 350 grn's the other day and they did not shoot very well for me out of my optima. At 50 yards, they were all over the place with two diff charges of T7.

Good shooting FG.

Back