winter project #1

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJJ

Reaction score
Finally got the White/Armstech Whitetail cleaned up and range ready. Knurled up some 460 No-Excuses to shoot. Was wanting to use open sights, but these eyes are gettin too old. Had to scope it up.

Picture068.jpg

Picture073-1.jpg

This is one of the older whites with 12 lands and grooves. Also took a little doin to get some bullets to fit good, as it's one of them .505's

TJJ

.505 that is a big 50 bore...

I have neverseen this White before... is there a cocking lever or do you just pull the hammer back?

Wood stock - hard to find them anymore also...

Its got the cocking handle, it's a really nice rifle. It was pretty cobbled up when I got it. The sights were incorrectly installed and the scope that was on it was mounted crookward. It has a very nice bore and I suspect it wasn't shot much.

I will be looking forward to your range session. That is a nice looking rifle.

TJJ,
Thats nice. Being a White Armstech does it have the original style hammer and breach plug?

That stock come with it as original ?

Yes, all original. Breech plug,hammer and stock. I wondered if it was a kit gun, but don't believe it was, as I don't believe they offered them that far back.

This is it.

Picture084.jpg

Picture085.jpg

I store it with the spring out, just as a safeguard, so ma spring don't git week. :wink:

wow that is a big bore.if you want to try sabots i have a small pkg. of knight sabots that mic. out at .509 with a .452 bullet.they are way to big for anything i have.if you want them their yours..........karl

Thanks k, I've got sabots. Besides my DWB membership would probably be revoked and I'd be excommunicated for putting plastic down the bore.(Between you and I, I might try it) :wink:

Back