Video of todays hunt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great shot with that .22 and awesome hunt FG ! Nice job on the vid too.

Man, that is a great video! I find it more than interesting that you used a .22 Rem. 514. That was the first rifle I ever bought with my own money nearly 60 years ago - I remember it was around $20. I still have mine - lot's of wear from usage - and it has been taken care of. I wouldn't even be able to guess the tons of squirrels that nice rifle has taken. I need to get it out again and shoot it some, it's been a while.
DSC00290.jpg

This was COOL!! Those little things came RIPPING Right in there!! I wish we had Foxes here, I would really enjoy hunting them!!

Nice shootin' Jonathan. Congrats on a beautiful fox. Please share pictures of the fur after stretching.

Man, that is a great video! I find it more than interesting that you used a .22 Rem. 514. That was the first rifle I ever bought with my own money nearly 60 years ago - I remember it was around $20. I still have mine - lot's of wear from usage - and it has been taken care of. I wouldn't even be able to guess the tons of squirrels that nice rifle has taken. I need to get it out again and shoot it some, it's been a while.
DSC00290.jpg
DSC00290.jpg
Ditto here Hanshi..I have a couple of 341 Rem .22s with the lifter system and gave all three grandsons the model 512. Can't beat the old Rems, IMHO shoot as good as any new high tech production .22s today. I want them to learn to shoot open sights before graduating to optics. Out Here

There is something about the old "torpedo shaped receiver" Remingtons that gets my heart a-quivering. They are things of beauty to my eyes and I love them. Sadly my 514 is my only one.

Latest posts

Back