Veteran Roll Call

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went in the Army in Jan 1963 stayed till june 1974. Joined the Navy SeaBee reserve for just over 16 years then just over a year in Missouri National . Finally decided to give it up and retire in 1992.

Seeing as my father spent 27 years in the army, served in WWII and Korean war, my 2 older brothers served one hitch in the army m(Following my fathers footsteps), I exchanged my dependent ID for an active duty Navy one in Sep 68, kept it as a salvage diver until I again exchanged it for a retired ID 21 years later in Aug 89. And just to mention, my father-in-law spent 23 years i n the Marines (WWII), then my son spent 20 years day for day in the Navy.

24 years active duty USMC. June 1974 - July 1998. Built, maintained and operated Expeditionary Airfields. Loved catching jets...but now I'm "jet deaf".

I went in in 1961. 60 yrs ago. REGULAR ARMY, RA, ALL THE WAY!!! not US, no draft for me!

I was RA. In Jan 1971, out as a Sgt in Sept 72. My brother and 3 uncles served. My dad and 5 of his brothers were all in WWII. Three in combat operations. All returned safely.

I got married to my Highschool sweetheart 'cause you wouldn't be drafted. They said "You believe that sh## boy ? Load the bus" Served two years and made buck Sgt when I was 20. '66 & '67 Armored Cav. and when I got out I still wasn't old enough to go into a bar in Texas! Shoulda rolled over into the Air Force. My Dad 20 yrs and my step mom 16 yrs Air Force, uncle retired Navy. Youngest brother Army, next youngest, Marine One, President's chopper service through 2 Admins, retired Marine. Yes we were drafted, but none ran away.

I was told by a friend that enlisted in the AIR FORCE, because they had no KP & GUARD DUTY. it was done by civilians that were employed for that purpose. CIVIES ON THE GATES & SERVING IN THE MESS HALL. WOW!, did I make a mistake.

it seems that there are a lot of us vets that are getting SOCIAL SECURITY? and more on the way. there are more of us than you think!?

Two time graduate of US Army Intelligence School, M.I. Corps, Regular Enlisted
(Saying that wasn't too intelligent, was it? Go ahead, roast me with an Army Intelligence joke. Just make it something I haven't heard before!)

1964 - 1968 USAF - APS - Elmendorf & McChord AFB's
USAF Reserve - 1984 - 2002 Portland, OR (APS)

1968-1972, USN USS Piedmont and USS Dixon. TAD USS Camden and USS Buck. 2-WestPac cruises and rest of time in States.

1981-1985 US Army 12F Combat Engineer Track Crewman.
Fort Benning, GA
Dexheim, Germany

Joined Army 1965, 3 years, Germany, Alabama National Guard 1979-1999, retired Alaska Nat. Guard 2002, Desert Shield/Storm, Oct. 90-Aug91. Artillery, Combat Engineers, Ordnance, Combat MP, retired. Thank you brothers that served, and those that couldn't or didn't have the call...... somebody had to make all the stuff we shot up, wrecked, ate, blew up, screwed up, and took care of our old girlfriends.....

US Navy DDG15 USS Berkeley Missle FireControl ( NOT a fireman - made sure the Missle Hit the target)
Navy Commendation Medal Vietnam service 1969 - 1975 service.
Springfield and Enfield Originals in 58 and an Enfield repro -
9mm and 12mm pinfire LeFauches - making my own cartridge cases
3 45cal Mzl horse pistolas
22 years teaching shooting sports for 4H - love the smell of BP smoke in the morning.

Latest posts

Back