What's Up with Green Mountain?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A guy on The Muzzleloading Forum says they are tied up with a big contract for barrels for the military and will start producing ML barrels again when they catch up.

Another guy claims to have spoken with a company big-wig who says they are discontinuing their production of IBS barrels.

So, who knows?

Well there are none. So the ones out there are that much more valuable. I have a number of them. And they have to be one of the best barrels made. I sure hope they pick up and make a few again.

That's why I bit the bullet and paid full retail for the one .58 caliber IBS that I could find after checking every distributor. I think I got lucky. It was the only one in stock and not listed on the dealer's web site.

I read on another forum, Green Mountain is now taking orders for their IBS barrels and when they get enough orders, they will make some.

I wish they made a 28" .58 slow twist. In fact I wish all their barrels were 28".

I kind of like them 32 inch slow twist barrels. They make the rifles balance real nice.

Sharon made a 30" T/C drop in that looked real nice. I had one for awhile.

Swampman said:

Now that was a great barrel. I have seen two of them in my life. I watched a person at a shooting match that had one, and it was amazing how accurate the barrel was.

cayuga said:
Swampman said:

Now that was a great barrel. I have seen two of them in my life. I watched a person at a shooting match that had one, and it was amazing how accurate the barrel was.

Is that a Sharon Rifle Company that was located in Montana?? They went out of business in the early 80's didn't they?

If its the same company, they made great rifle kits.

Chocdog

They made great kits and barrels which bring pretty sporty prices these days. The T/C barrel I had was unfired when I got it. It had no sights, pipes, or under barrel rib. Only the older style T/C parts would fit. It took me a little bit to hunt down the right parts.

sabotloader said:
choc-dog

Sharon made great barrels for a period of time and they were in Montana, I think this is the company that took up the slack...

http://montanarifleco.com/

The Sharon Company made accurate for the period kits. I have an ole' hunting buddy that built a .54 Hawken kit. He had to pour the nose cap with the silver included in the Sharon Co. kit.

Chocdog

Latest posts

Back