Finally got some bulets ive had a hard time finding!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
I decided to try MidwayUSA for some bulk bullets since nobody else seems to be able to get these 2.

I ordered them yesterday at about 11am and they just arrived today. Im like WTF. Pricing was very good too but the shipping was a bit high IMO. Since they arrived so quickly the shipping isnt an issue.

Ive been wanting to try the Rainier 50cal-335gr HP but Alexandria Arms has been buying them up for their Beowulf ammo and the .475x275gr DeepCurl.

Well the new heavier Rainer's look great and should hold up much better than the little 300gr HP. The "DeepCurls" arrived but the box is still labeled GoldDot. Its still a damn good looking bullet made for 480 Ruger performance levels.

Both have gotten good reviews from cartridge re loaders and i can push both to similar velocity.

Looks like im going to have another Pain and Pleasure weekend and the weather looks great.

Scott

Watch that shoulder my friend.
I just got a $H!T load of powerbelts for the 45 al from FG,he sent those along with my rifle so a range session or 3 is in my future as well.
Can't wait to read the report,write it before you take your pain meds :shock:

Hopefully you got some of the PB 45-300gr Plats. Those are one of the few i do like and should work really well. I dont care for the lighter ones at all.

Might as well shoot a Barnes for the same price or less and get far better terminal performance. Even my cheap cast 260gr 40s in a sabot hold together better and penetrate deeper than most PBs.

The Rainier 50cal 335s i got were under $28 for 100, they will be interesting. The 50cal 300s didnt hold up very well and weighted less than a 45cal 250gr GoldDot after impact.

I like playing with the 50x475s since they get some fairly poor accuracy reviews but i usually get 2 touching and 1 flier. These 275gr GoldDots are one of the lightest .475s so at least the recoil might be a bit milder than the 325gr XTPs i tried.

Ive got a new media mix recipe but im still waiting on the main ingredient to arrive. It basically looks like clear cottage cheese when finished or clear jello thats been in a blender. Im adding red dye for the video effects. :D

Back