Venison Chili RECIPE...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty1

Reaction score
Just finishing-up with browning the venison ground,
OOcRFze.jpg

then into the pot with everything else to simmer for a few hours.
eMWKmEk.jpg

Here's the RECIPE for those interested. I made a double batch today for plenty of leftovers or freezing.:)
ue79urS.jpg

zwbIrkW.jpg

Does sound yummy. I use to make up then freeze batches of the chili and soup made from venison.

The last several batches of deer moose or organic beef chilli have been from a Wendy’s recipe I got. The recipe I use if for the Instant Pot so cooking time may vary if using stove.
I take it to “potlucks” and always go home empty pot.
Thanks for sharing Marty. Got me wanting to make a batch now lol.
smells delicious 😋

Attachments

• 14291B6E-BA2D-49C4-B572-77DFE1893AEA.jpeg
    14291B6E-BA2D-49C4-B572-77DFE1893AEA.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 33
The last several batches of deer moose or organic beef chilli have been from a Wendy’s recipe I got. The recipe I use if for the Instant Pot so cooking time may vary if using stove.
I take it to “potlucks” and always go home empty pot.
Thanks for sharing Marty. Got me wanting to make a batch now lol.
smells delicious 😋
I was never a fan of lasagna. Then one day my wife made a pan of lasagna made with ground elk and her homemade sauce. Now, that is the only way I'll eat lasagna and it's great!

Need beans lol.
was all set to make up a batch lastnight for lunch for my guys at work today and realized I had no beans. Dang it!
Looks like Friday’s clam chowder will be Wendy’s chili lol.
I’ve had chili years ago where the cook put cubed pieces of pineapple in it.
what a difference. I might just try that again.

Need beans lol.
was all set to make up a batch last night for lunch for my guys at work today and realized I had no beans. Dang it!
Looks like Friday’s clam chowder will be Wendy’s chili lol.
I’ve had chili years ago where the cook put cubed pieces of pineapple in it.
what a difference. I might just try that again.

Pineapple? That might just be a really good way to add some flavor AND heat tolerance to the pot.
I have an old recipe that adds sweet potato (or yams) to supplement the usual bean content, and that one is always a hit. Doesn't sound right on paper, but in a pot of chili those extra chunks add great subtle flavor to the spices, beans, and meat.
I bought a used coffee grinder at Goodwill for a dollar and use that to grind up fresh spice for the chili, which seems to improve it as well.
Dang it, now I'm getting hungry again!

Try with 15 bean dry soup beans soaked in whiskey or a cheap no worm tequila, instead of only using boring Red Kidney Beans.
Retain the whiskey or no worm tequila for cooking beans after adding everything else.
(add more whiskey or cheap no worm tequila, whichever you are using, if necessary, to re-submerge the beans after soaking and adding all the other stuff.)
Jim Beam, Jack Daniels, or some other "rock gut" whiskey works just to soak your beans in.
(Honestly, do you think them boys on the cattle drives back in the day, had or used water to soak their beans?)

and to think I've been doing this backward, soaking me in no-worm tequila and/or "rot gut" whisky first........hmmmm I got to think this one over..... HA

Back