Deer antles growing nicely

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
I'm at my cottage at the lake for a week. Seen several does with fawns and that's nice. The morning about 7 AM went down to the lake to go fishing. As I pulled into the parking lot at the marina I saw a nice buck walk through lot and in between 2 piles of lumber. Walked over and got with in 40 feet of him. He's a nice 5 X 5 in velvet. He wasn't too concerned about me and went about his business. Took my rods, tackle box and bait down to the boat. Got it ready and look up. He was still there watching me.
It's hot here, for a change. Temp right now is 94. When I got back from fishing I quickly cleaned the fish. My kind wife brought be a cold one ;). It was early but I figured is was noon somewhere :D . While we sat there a buck walked through the yard. This is a big deer and he's been around for years. He's at least 6 X 6 and antlers are still growing. Things look good.

Women bringing you cold ones while you watch 10 points and 12 points graze around. Sounds like Heaven RAF... or is it just Canada? :wink:

Back