Trying a new Sabot

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skunked

Reaction score
I just picked up some T/C Shockwave Bonded Sabots .50 cal 250 gr. I am sure some of you have some experience with these. If so, what are your set ups. I was thinking of going with 100 gr 777. Right now I am shooting 245 gr Powerbelts with 100 gr 777 and have had good experience with them, but these were so much cheaper so I thought I would give them a try. Am I wrong to assume that I won't have to do a ton of scope adjusting? Thanks for any advice, I am kind of a newbie.

What kind of rifle are you shooting? You should be pretty close in scope POI but you'd still have to check it. Also 100 grains is a good load normally. Good luck and keep us posted.

I am shooting a Remington Genesis with a 3.5 -7 Bushnell scope. I know I am going to have to do some scope work, I was just hoping that it wouldn't be too off. I only sigiht it in for 100 yards, I can't see me ever shooting any farther than that in the woods that I hunt.

So does anyone have any likes or dislikes on the shockwaves? I don't see much on here about them being a bad bullet.

Typically a very accurate bullet. 100gr ffg Triple Se7en is a good place to start or 100gr Blackhorn 209. If using Triple Se7en be sure to swab between shots.

They are the shockwaves, not the SST.

I always swab between shots and make sure I do everything the same.

I have heard about the BH209. How much more difficult is it to use powder instead of the pellets? I have always used pellets of 777. Less cleaning is REALLY appealing to me.

NOT difficult at all. Buy some powder vials from Lane & your good to go! Warning, once you try it, you WILL definately be hooked! I was a Triple 7 pellet user, but never again!

Rifles often very a lot from one to another in the sight changes for some thing like this. My advice is don't worry about it just set up a target try 90 ,100,110 gr and see how it groups in your gun then after you decied what to go with [ i would try some XTP and some Gold dot to] one will group more consistantly with your gun. Set up a target marked off in inches and adjust the right number of clicks for your scope should not be a big problem. Lee

:D I have been shooting the set-up you are talking about except I shoot 110 gr.s of powder, last year I tried some of the other bullets and was not happy with the target results so I went back to the T/C's and am very happy with the results at 100 yards and with the deer I got a very nice oooolllddd buck at appox. 110 yds. As far as I can tell you may have to adjust your scope some, but that depend on your rifle , mine need to be moved to the right and up a little. Good luck on your shooting.

Latest posts

Back