JSG 3F

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
Got a really darn nice shooting elk load in the Optima today. I haven't really worked with the JSG 3f that much so today i loaded up 3 tubes with 80gr JSG 3F and 3 Tubes of 90gr JSG 3F. The 80gr Charge shoots beautifully! 90gr started to open up quite a bit so i figured i wouldnt bother with more than 80gr.
000_1187.jpg

Upper 2 shots were on a hot barrel, All from 100 yards.
000_1191.jpg

I have 2 more shots and would have taken them but the rain drove me inside. Good thing too because we had some huge hail come down. I'll take those shots as soon as it dries out. Most likely tomorrow

FG

My jug of Shockey gold 3f - went bad used it to seattle the dust at the farm. It had big clumps in it and zero power... It was a two year old never opened jug...

no clue what to tell ya. Ive had this can open for a good 6 months and no issues. I just keep this stored in my closet.

FG

Really nothing to say... it certainly wasn't the first jug of App that i go bad. I guess what bothered me a bit, was it had never been opened and sitting in the closet with all the other powder - T7 and BH. Even more surprised was the fact they pack that powder with a large bag of moisture absorbant material and it still went chunky. It would shoot but could only get 600 fps from it with 100 grains of powder and a compacted load.

Just the way it goes...

Well if you'd stop dumpin it and use the customer service like you do at tc, you'd save yourself some moola! :lol:

I tried it a couple of times and had the same results as Sabotloader. You got to admit, it has a really good marketing promotion on the outdoor channels. My first tipoff should have been the pack of silica gel. I'll stick with T7 and smokeless.

JSG is powder if it is used right. Two of my longest muzzleloader shots were a hog at a laser transit measured 190 yards and a deer at 172 yards.

A friend uses JSG and chronographs his loads. He says that with a tight fitting sabot seated hard on the powder, the extreme spread of velocities is 30-40 fps. A sign of a large extreme spread is vertical stringing on the target.

This ten shot group was fired at 50 yards using a crush rib sabot and the .430 XTP pushed by 100 grains of 2F JSG form a can that had been opened over 30 months ago. The three shots strung vertically are my sighting in shots. The gun is my TC Black Diamond. It uses musket primers.

There was no swabbing between shots.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-p ... amond.html

Latest posts

Back