Value for the $: Hunting Scopes for Inline Muzzleloading

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best Value in A Hunting Scope?

• Bushnell brands

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Nikon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zeiss

• Sightron

• Millett

• Leupold

• Burris

• Simmons

• Weaver

• Other, Not Listed

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

I believe the best scope for the money invested in an inline muzzleloading scope is a scope branded as:

(BTW, I ran out of "poll options")

While there are better, I would have to vote for Bushnell.

In thier 3200 and 4200 lines w/ standard RAINGUARD, they leave little to be desired! .... Except maybe a MIL-DOT RETICLE!

For ME it comes down to two, Simmons and Sightron. I voted for Simmons because of their excellent 44 Mag and Aetec scope lines. It's REALLY hard to beat those two at their price point.

I doubled the number of poll options. 20 should be plenty I think.

While I DO agree Chuck, I think Bushnell has em all covered with their various lines of scopes. I have several .44 mags and would pay the difference for a 3200 at the sub $140 I paid for each of them.

I cant comment on the Aetec line.. so maybe I missed the boat? :twisted:

Doohan said:
While there are better, I would have to vote for Bushnell.

In thier 3200 and 4200 lines w/ standard RAINGUARD, they leave little to be desired! .... Except maybe a MIL-DOT RETICLE!

Bushnell Part # 42-6244M lives here-- and that sure is Mil-Dot to my eyes. :shock:

Zeiss its a little more pricey than the others, but well worth the extra few bucks. Leupold used to be my favorite but after buying my first zeiss they are now the best for the money. IMO

I voted for Leopold however I quess it has to be a Nikon because we can only use 1x scopes on our MZ.
Redclub

Those who are voting "OTHERS" I wonder if you could explain who your vote would be cast for?

I own Leupold VXIII and Bushnell 3200. Both are excellant,w/clear view, very low distortion. :D

Redclub said:
I voted for Leopold however I quess it has to be a Nikon because we can only use 1x scopes on our MZ.
Redclub

Or Sightron, or a Bushnell Holosight. Or . . .

Redclub said:
Redclub

Or Sightron, or a Bushnell Holosight. Or . . .

I'm with Chuck on the Simmons .44 Mag scopes. I've bought the 6.5-20 .44 Mag w/Target Turrets for a little over $100.00. It was factory refurbished, but it's still holding up on a Spring Air Rifle. Very good value for the $$ spent.

I've still got to look thru a Conquest and compare it to the VX-III's.

Blue-Dot-37.5 said:
I've still got to look thru a Conquest and compare it to the VX-III's.

If you do, I don't think you'll ever want a VX-III again. :!:

I voted Bushnell. Mounted a 3200 Elite on my Henry Ball & love it! Seems to be a great scope for the $.

The only scope I would consider besides the Leupold Vari X III is the conquest.

Latest posts

Back