Knight Bighorn

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinbrian

Reaction score
After taking a 5 month hiatus from muzzleloading, I just couldn't take it any longer. I decided to buy a Knight Bighorn (26 inch barrel) and shoot triple seven powder. I haven't shot triple seven since I bought my first Savage ML2 in Aug of 07. Bought three more Savages after that and loved them. But ya just cannot beat a good ol inline smoker. And the Bighorn is proving to be a good shooter with triple 7 ffg and Triple Seven primers.
Here is the first 4 shots fired today . I windexed patched/ dry patched after each shot. I mismarked the fowling shot: it is the shot marked #1. But still, for the fouler to group with the rest was unusal. I'll be watching for more of that. Anyway, here's a couple of 85 yard groups from two different bullets:
hawke015.jpg

hawke016.jpg

An afterthought: Yesterday, I used the No 11 caps and fffg (triple 7) and there was cosiderable vertical stringing! There was no vertical stringing today w/ the 209 primer ignition and FFG.

that is some nice shooting there.. those bighorns are good rifles.

kevinbrian, Yours isn't the only Knight Bighorn that's sensitive to powder granulation as I've experienced the same thing with FFg v. FFFg black powder in mine as well. Ditto for Pyrodex RS v. Pyro. P. Primers, #11 CCI v. Win. #209 shotshell primers made little or no difference, but powder granulation sure did.

Back