Question knight 'Power Stem' BP....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabotloader

Keep Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a Blast
Supporting member
Reaction score
All this talk about Knight BP's has sparked an interest...

The Power Stem... Has anyone shot this BP?

I am really wondering about 'blow-back'...

Here is what i might be talking about... One of the reasons that the new BP works so well in the Vision is that it has a 11/64ths flash channel a little bigger than the normal 1/8 or 8/64th. It appears that this larger and slighly longer flash channel swallows up the blow back more effectively than the small cavity - this extra bit gives the bullet a chance to get out of the barrel which then completely reduces blow back to zero.

Just a few minutes ago - I was looking for the correct bit size to ream the flas channel in a FPJ BP. I have a Power Stem BP laying here on the counter - when I dropped the bit in the flash channel it swallowed most of the length of the bit. It would make a lot bigger blowback chamber - so it might result in a lot less blowback...

I know the Power Stem works well with T7 even increases velocity significantly. I think Toby declared it a non-worker for BH, but it really has peaked my couriosity.

So again anybody with experiance outthere with the Power Stem?

Power Stem Breech Plug

Fits .45, .50 and .52 Caliber DISC Rifles
PowerStem accuracy enhancement increases velocity/energy, reduces felt recoil and results in more efficient powder burn.
Use loose powder only - DO NOT use with pellets!
Uses Full Plastic Jacket
Hex Head

I bought a pair of power stem breech plugs to try in my Elite about a month ago. I think I also saw Toby say it was a no go with BH209. My plan was to see if the combination FFFg T7 and the power stem in a .45 would out perform BH209. It may be another month before I can get to testing with it though. I still need to get a chronograph some day.

Reese

That is my problem also - TIME... but i will get to it eventually..

Not sure you are going to like 3f in a 45 cal.. the bullets we are shooting are so light that it really doesn't do much good with the heavy loads of T7-3f, 2f actually works better with lighter bullets...

45VelocityTest.jpg

Latest posts

Back