Tuned up Lee casting items

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

White Fox

Reaction score
A few days ago I dug out an old Lee REAL mold for the 250 grain 50 cal bullet, to run some projectiles up for a Pedersoli Rolling Block ML purchased from an estate. It's an older model, uses #11 caps, simple metallic sights. My first in-line.

Found the handles on the mold had loosened. Thought about using a punch, or drilling and pinning through the ferules, but took an easy route and glued them back on with LocTite red high temp silicone gasket goop. Then went through collection of molds, including the ingot mold, and used the goop on them. Let it cure overnight, and easily cast 25 REAL bullets.

At the range this morning used a load of 80 grains of 2F GOEX and found the sights to be right on at 100 yards. Wonder if prior owner had used the same charge and bullet? Three shot groups were in 3-41/2 inch range, plenty good for hunting. Mighty heavy rifle though, a lot of metal in that action and barrel.

I'd say you're ready for hunting season. Your 100 yard groups are around my best at that range. It's certainly possible that load was used by the former owner.

Latest posts

Back