trying to freeze every night.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strong eagle

Reaction score
trying to freeze every night.

this high desert plains is a strange country. tried to freeze last night and did in some low spots with no wind. will be 90 degrees to day. dont mind it though, will close up the garden and bring all the winter squash onto the deck. good crop of winter squash this year. will eat them all winter long.

Re: trying to freeze every night.

49* yesterday and then warmed up into the 70s. Sure preferred that cooler temp!

i also dont care if it freezes and stays cool. when i bring my squash in the garden if over for the year.

Still in the high 60's in SE Arizona at night. I only planted a little experimental patch this year. Put out late butternut squash about 2 weeks ago don't know if there is enough time for them to make. also planted a few late peas, carrot and radish last week, just to see what they do. Usually don't get a freeze here until November.

man we had some awesome rain here yesterday! Its still wet out for once.

you and i are getting the same rain, supposed to rain all week. a good wet fall will makes the trees winter over better. the farmers almanac says a very wet winter for you and i.not so cold either.

im just hoping for some damn snow! Last years snow fall wasn't worth a darn.

the winter squash we want are in the kitchen drying. my wife put on face book free squash and a lady she knows came and got a car trunk full and went home happy.my favorite squash i brought in is a cross between a blue hubbard and a pink banana. i was hoping one would cross. its big and looks like both of them. ill use it for seed next year. their is a french squash they call the cinderella pumpkin that is a good eater also so i will try to out cross my hybrid to that one next year and make it a three way cross. want to develop a good squash that has the benifits of genes from these three. garden is a 100 percent done and im glad. lots of onions and chives out their yet but they winter over well. they are the kind that winter over.

Weatherman says we'll see freezing weather this weekend.  In my next life I'm going to be a weatherman, they only have to be correct about 30% of the time and still have a job.

starting to warm up again. gardens all done and i am enjoying my winter squash. i bake them. then put a bit of squash in the blender. some milk. coca powder and a huge table spoon of dried powdered colostrum plus a table spoon of bee pollen. that smoothy will make you fell like you could snort like a bull and act like one also.

We are cold, thank goodness for the root cellar. At least we'll have Potatoes, Rutabagas, Leeks, Parsnips, Carrots, Artichokes, Cabbage, Brussels Sprouts, Apples and Beets. Good old farmers market buys.

root cellars are good for bad wind storms also. sound like you eat well at your table.

Yes, probably too much - that's why my doctors tell us to lose weight.   :|

the thing i noticed when i was working as a registered nurse. the old people who stopped eating well died. the ones who ate well lived a lot longer. over weight can be handled by a women also much better than a man. eat well, just less. i have a friend in the local nursing home. i bring him the best bottle of gin i can buy now and then. one of the women who eats at his table is over weight some and eats with gusto every meal. she is 99 years old. my friend loves the gin i bring him. he saves that for him self. the cheaper stuff he lets his family try when they come and visit. when you are about 90 years old you should have a few liberties.

I have an old friend in a rest home, he's always in trouble doing things that one shouldn't do, getting caught then playing dumb. He eats well, but smaller amounts and just had his 92 birthday. His last caper two weeks ago made the nurses grin. He got caught in bed with one of the older ladies he likes, his reply was "don't worry she can't have babies". One nurse told me everyday he's does a "bad boy thing", then she shakes her head and smiles.   :shock:   :lol:

Latest posts

Back