TC U view powder measure

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPF

Reaction score
Gents,

I just purchased a TC U view powder measure, (I'm trying out some BH209) I was assuming that it was a volumetric powder measure but when reading the directions there is a note that says when they are refering to grains they are refering to weight. Am I mistaken in assuming this measures volume, I'd hate to think I'm putting in 115 grains by volume and actually putting 115 by weight. Anyone have any experience with this powder measure.

Thanks

:D :D :D

First off, WELCOME to the forum :!: :!: Great place to hang out and allot of free knowledge here that is given out at no charge :!:
I use the same powder measurer. When I fill it up to 100 grains and put that exact amount on my grain scale it gives a reading as 85 grains. I use AAP GOLD. ALL powders are not the same. Have a great season :!: :!: :!:

Yeah - I've used these measures for about 10 years. They ARE a volume measuring device - period.

It measures grains by volume, not weight. I use the same one you bought. You got the right one.

I've always thought it was incredibly stupid of the bp community to continue to mark volumetric measures in units that are not for volume, but that'z da way we iz. :wink:

Just to be certain. If I an using the U View by T/C and want top pour 100 grains of powder....should I just set it to 100, tighten it up and use it? Am I doing something wrong?

tc

Yes, but be consistent on your pour at 100 grains measure. If you tap once, make sure all your taps are once.

Thank you. Understood. Do you have any thoughts on loose pwder Blackhorn versus Triple 7?

BH

I like BH209. If you search this inlines you will find every pro and con on both products. Both good both have their place on the shelf.

spitfire100 said:
Thank you. Understood. Do you have any thoughts on loose pwder Blackhorn versus Triple 7?

T7 - swabbing between shots and the crud ring.
BH - No crud ring, no swabbing between shots, load and shot...
Those were my reasons for going to BH and I'm probably not going back after I shoot off the can of 3F T7 I have.

Latest posts

Back