Patch Box??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Long-Shot

Reaction score
Okay so using Sabotloaders advice I went out and got a soap dish (travel type) to hold my shooting patches in while shooting. Thats all fine and dandy. However, he uses some rather large, round, plastic containers with screw on lids for his cleaning patches and other articles of the type. Different lubes, cleaners, etc. These containers are not exactly easy to come by. I was just wondering what type of containers the rest of you use for these things. I went out and got a "stackable" container set in the fishing aisle, but they are a bit too small for what I was looking for. Oh well, I can use them for other things.

What do you use for your cleaning patches??

100% cotton muslin that I buy at a fabric store. I wash it and then line dry it. That takes the sizing out of it. It can then be torn into any size you want. A small bottle of your cleaner and a couple strips of patch material and your all set. Tear off as much as you like, spritz it with cleaner, and swab the bore. Or you can pre make them and do it that way. I just avoid containers if possible.

old t shirts. When/if i swab on the range between shots, i just take those patches and put them into a ziploc bag and add my cleaner. Either straight water or Windex.

If you need containers with screw on lids i have 3 american pioneer pellet containers that you can have. These are round and about 4" tall.

I have been using cotton flannel lately and I like it. I just use it the way I get it from the store. You get a lot of patches out of a yard of material. For patched roundballs I use pillowticking and I wash the sizing out of that first. I make aprox 1 1/2 inch squares out of the cotton flannel and keep a bunch of them in a coffee can. When I go shooting I just stuff a bunch of them in my pocket.
Art
________
ZX14 VS HAYABUSA

Back