Accura 209 or Accura V2

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
frontier gander said:
Okay got an email from Dudley this morning. Heres what he has to say about the Optima/Wolf and the Scout barrels:

" As for the Optima barrel, they are indeed made in the same facility as Bergara Barrels. However, they do not go through as extensive a honing process as do the barrels that are branded as Bergara. This honing process is what eliminates any variation in bore diameter, and it is time consuming and expensive to perform."

So basically they are bergara barrels, they just dont go through the expensive processing that the true bergaras go through. That explains why the prices are so affordable on the new optimas,wolf and scout.

Thats what i was guessing, basically the same barrel stock. My Apex BPI barrel has spots you can feel while seating the sabot but the Accura feels more consistent the entire length.

Thanks FG

:D :) 8)

Glad the air is cleared :!: :!: I guess we can agree that "They are the same but different" :!: I have to agree though that if BERGARA'S LOGO was on those barrels that optima would cost allot more :!: :wink:

Now I am not so happy, I ordered an Optima from cabelas based off of the bergara barrel description. I guess I will see just how smooth it is when it comes in. If the trigger is good i still might keep it.

Yes that is kind of misleading then. I thought the Bergara line was famous for that specific process with all that extra honing for the interior barrel smoothness. So without it you would most likely have little burrs inside the barrel that would take some type of break in period or break in process to eliminate them like others need.

vabowhntr said:
Now I am not so happy, I ordered an Optima from cabelas based off of the bergara barrel description. I guess I will see just how smooth it is when it comes in. If the trigger is good i still might keep it.
At least if your not happy Cabelas will take it back no questions asked.

Well, after a week of seeing 0-1 weeks on the ship date on my account at cabelas, I now see 5-6 weeks until the rifle will be shipped. Might just make me want to stay with my Omega.

I did look at the CVA website, last week they had the bergara barrel logo on the optima specifications page, I see it has been removed now and Cabelas has changed their description as well.

Thanks for all the info guys. Man I am not sure what to do. I really like the closeout price on the old version of the Accura. I like the idea of the hands free breach plug though. Is there going to be that much differance between the new hands free breech and the one on the older version that needs a tool? Even having to use a tool it has to be easier to clean than my Knight Bighorn. You have to pretty much take that gun all apart to get to the breach plug.

I like the looks of the new Optima but wish it had the better Bergera barrel. Hmmm what to do what to do :? :?

the old version accura is just fine the way it is. I have no complaints about mine. And for the price cabelas is selling them for, you cant go wrong with it.

frontier gander said:
the old version accura is just fine the way it is. I have no complaints about mine. And for the price cabelas is selling them for, you cant go wrong with it.

+1 !!!!!

Just listed an Accura I bought in Nov - 1 range session w/18 shots.
Durasite bases included.

Latest posts

Back