Sad day

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
Some time ago I wrote here how I was going to be the grandfather of twins. A few weeks ago my daughter in laws water broke. Nothing else happened at that time but they knew that one of the babies wouldn't make it. Its lungs would never develop. She was only 20 weeks. She continued to carry both and everything was to save the 2nd one. On Sunday she suddenly went into labor. Yesterday she delivered the one baby, a boy. He died shortly after in his mothers arms. My son and daughter-in-law were heart broken even though they knew in advance the baby could not survive. The 2nd baby is still fine. She is now in hospital under complete bed rest. The longer she can carry it, the better its chances are. We're hopefull.
It has given my wife and me the chance to be parents again. We've my 15 month old grand daughter staying with us and she wears us old folks out ;). Brings back memories of when we had our children

RAF

Lord Bless that family and keep them safe! That child is in the arms of the angels!

I am very sorry to hear of the loss in your family. Even when you know its coming or possible, it does not seem to make it any easier. My best wishes to all of you.

As for being parents again... I bet that little granddaughter has her grandpa wrapped right around her finger. :D I've seen you grandparents when grand kids are around. Your different people.

:(

Bad news is always bad but it's even worse when children are involved. Very sorry for your loss. We'll keep you and your family in our prayers and thoughts.

Ray

Very sorry for your loss. Hell to lose a child by any means.

Hope the other baby does well.

RAF my heart goes out to you and your family. This is a truly sad day but he is in the arms of angels now. Our prayers are with you.

DC

RAF....old friend...

Wife and I lost one earlier in our life....
My heart goes out to you, the Mrs. and those kids....

God bless the surviving child....what a blessing it will be...

A little bit of good news today. My daughter-in-law had another ultra sound today. Baby is doing well and gained 4 oz in past week. She was told when she delivered the 1st one a week ago that the 2nd usually is born within 24 hours. After that the next hurtle is 7 days and only 1 woman in 5 years goes that long. it's now been 8 days. I knew she was a special woman ;). She told us on Monday that doctors returning to the hospital on Monday after a weekend off were quite surprised to she her still there. We're very encouraged.

Definitely good news. Keep hanging in there and our prayers are still with you.

DC

We now have a grandson. He was born last Thursday by C section. He 1lb, 14 oz and about 14 inches long. So far he's doing good. He's quite active and eating. he's breathing on his own. He is in an incubator but that's to be expected.

Back