Nikon Prostaff eye relief

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zman

Reaction score
I found a deal on a Prostaff 3x9x40 with the BDC. I have done a search on this scope to see everyones opinion of it to help make up my mind. My search didn't provide much. The one thing that i'm not sure of is the eye relief. It is 3.6". Is this enough? I'm going to be putting it on an Omega. Thanks, Eric

I shoot the Nikon Pro Staff 2-7x32mm but that has 3.8 eye relief and I have never had a problem with it. But to be honest, 3.5 is the least I will normally go. If you have good control of your rifle and always remember your grip you should be all right. But if you forget, it might catch you. Another good scope is the Nikon Omega.

It depends on the rifle and the scope mounts. I had one mounted on my Remington Genesis and it had plenty of eye relief.

zman said:
I found a deal on a Prostaff 3x9x40 with the BDC. I have done a search on this scope to see everyones opinion of it to help make up my mind. My search didn't provide much. The one thing that i'm not sure of is the eye relief. It is 3.6". Is this enough? I'm going to be putting it on an Omega. Thanks, Eric

I thought they had more eye relief than that

The Nikon Omega is the one with the eye relief. Otherwise if you go to a shotgun scope, they get more and more eye relief. For instance Bushnell sells a 3-9 with 6 inches of eye relief. But 3.5 is not all that bad if you make sure you mount it as far forward as you can.

Sounds like I am going to have to take the gun into the store and check it out. Thanks for the help. Eric

Back