Trail cam batteries

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
a group of mulies showed up on the shooting range a couple days ago. Most were doe tracks but i did cut across a set of buck tracks! This evening i went and poured a cup of sugar around my feeder * feeder is empty* and then turned on my trail camera, waved my hand in front of it.... nothing... Stood in front of it waiting to see the red light blink... Nothing! I just put new batteries in it last night *Rayovac* and they are dead! Boy that has me pretty hot. Those C cells arent exactly cheap and for a brand new package to be entirely dead? When i first put them in the camera showed a full charge, i made sure it was working properly, shut it off and then hung it in the tree near my feeder. I basically just tested to make sure it was working right and thats all i got out of brand new batteries!

What kind of camera is it? A buddy of mine has a new Bushnell, and he was having he same problem. Dont know if he got it figured out or not.

Well as it turns out, it wasnt the batteries!!

Wildgame innovations iR4 camera. When i got it for christmas last year i always heard some rattling. Figured it was wiring. We took it apart and was shocked to find that ALL of the mounting brackets for the battery springs were broken off! They were very thin and cheaply attached.

I called the company and they said to send it in and they'll send me a new one. So its all going to be fixed for free * minus shipping to them*

When the new camera comes in i plan on JB Welding that area inside the camera so its study.

i have owned 2 of the wildgame innovations cameras...had trouble out of both of them...too hard to set up with those midget buttons and would not hit a cow in the arse with 1 of them if it was free

I know you said it wasn’t your batteries but I’ve found lithium batteries last much longer than regular batteries for trail cams or other things like GPS, headlamps etc that spend time out in the cold weather. They are pricey though...

I have had several Wild Game Innovations cameras and two of there Hog lights never again they were all junk didnt last . I have Moltree cameras now on my feeders all are 2 years old or a little more no problems and the battery's last 7-8 months .

I agree... WGI cameras are junk. My 2 hunting partners and I all had at least 2 each and every one of them failed; soon and completely!

We'll, if you got the bastards to answer their phone, you are one up on me. I bought one that lasted about a month. I tried calling... nothing but answering machine and no call back. Tried emailing through their website...no answer. Finally just threw it away and swore off WGI stuff forever.

Latest posts

Back