How did everyone do this season!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saved myself some coin this deer season. I told my brother if I didn't kill a deer with my Sidekick, I was buying a Triumph. Shot an 8 point 3.5 year old buck during ML season. 80 grains of 777 2f, 250 XTP, complete pass through, and a Ray Charles blood trail of 50 yards. After 3 years, the Sidekick scores!

Passed on two small bucks opening morning never saw another buck .Missed a Bull elk, hit a small branch twenty feet in front of me, on my last day of the muzzleloader spike hunt ( morning ) THEN :roll: :oops: that evening i was sitting along a trail for over two hrs WITH OUT A PRIMMER in my gun :oops: :oops: Yes another bull walked by and click !!!!!! I started laughing , my son did that two years ago and i gave him such a bad time . But he did that on the first day of the hunt not the last like me and he shot a bull two days later :oops: :oops:

muzzleloaderbuck081.jpg
I harvested this buck on the 13th of dec.[/img]

Just a doe, but she was my first muzzleloader deer ever! Omega with 150gr. 777 and a 250 Shockwave! Taken in SE Massachusetts.....

PICT0897.jpg

My Best Buck

http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/phpBB ... hp?t=11191

My best rack to date. Sti;ll flying high and the best part is I would not have hun ted it w/out finding this site and using the advice given here. Serious ML'ing was not on my agenda until I cruised into this site and spent some time. You all say it to every newbie and warn us! It is anm addiction that is good!

I tagged 4 deer this past season. Nice fat 3 point and medium button buck(fooled me) with the White .504. 5 point (that was shot by someone else and walked up to me, so I put him down) and the biggest doe I have killed in years on Thanksgiving day, with Remington 700 .30-06.

Great look'n animals everybody. Congrats to all of you who acheived your goals this year.

11 this year, not quite over though. The farmer has some crop damage tags to fill in Feb. and March. Nothing big, pretty much meat does with a couple little bucks. 2 with the bow, 8 with the .54 Hawken, 1 with the .50 carbine. Missed twice with the rifle, twice (same darn buck, different days) with the bow.

WOW! I cant believe how this thread took off. There are some awesome stories here not to mention the pictures of some amazing animals.
My deer season has been done here in Ma. for almost a month. We still have coyote season but my truck has been out of comission. I blew the motor last week of deer season but I was able to finish off the season with it. I just put the new motor in it last week and soon (hopefully) I will be popping some coyotes.

Frank

Well, it was a frustrating year but a good one! My daughter got her first deer, a one antlered buck with a ML, this year on opening day. We had to wait till the next day to recover. I passed on 2 small bucks and did not see anything else first or second season in IL. That tag went unused. The ML only season tag did get used though, second day of ML, a 185yd shot on a one antlered buck! My daughter thought that was hilarious!

She got hers with a White Lightning, 90bn of T7 2f, 250gn Shockwave with supplied sabot. I shot mine with a Savage MLII, 70gn of RL7, 300gn Barnes Original SSP, Black Crush Rib Sabot.

had a good year

tc triumph ,295 powerbelt at 146 yds

9pt 183lbs

PB090022.jpg

tikka t3 270win ,140grn bullet at 130yds

8pt 173lbs
[/img]
PB100024.jpg

111nonr.jpg

I have over 50 pictures of this guy over the summer months on X-mas day I got a new camera and found out this fella was still alive after Archery/firearm/,Ml season So I went out with my bow and took him the next evening.
I also got a bucwith a rifle and ML.
Redclub

I am not the best at posting pic's

Redclub,

Great picture, - someday I hope to have a deer like that walking my way. If it was a cold winter evening that would make it even better. I just like hunting in the cold and snow. Add a strong wind and it's even better. Thanks for sharing.

Here is another pic of buck

111nonr.jpg

24d36e1.jpg

another I hope

wjweo6.jpg

If these come up right it is buck in velvet,fresh shed velvet, Day afret X-Mas
RC

Latest posts

Back