MY speedloader system...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well last year we kept everything needed to reload a certain ML in a cell phone camera pouch and it worked ok... as long as you had the correct pouch with the correct ML.

This year I cam up with a better idea and thought I'd share it. Who knows, someone has probably already thought of it and shared it. But oh well... here goes.

This summer I bought a bunch of the powder vials from Lane to replace the film canisters that I've previously used. I really like them and was using them all the time for range trips. While waiting in the sporting goods section trying to buy some deer tags at Walmart(it is a battle to find someone in that department every time :x ) I noticed that they sell rifle cartridge holders that fit on your stock. :idea: Hmmmm..... I wonder. Yup, sure as heck it works GREAT!

CopyofDSC00726.jpg

CopyofDSC00736-1.jpg
[/img]

I only fill every other one. That gives me space for 5 tubes. 3 filled with BH209, 1 with 2 bullets with sabot, extra primers. The last is filled with jag, single primer and single bullet. That way you only need to open two tubes to reload. I fill they ends with patches to stop any rattling. The best part of the whole thing is that each ML is independant. All you need to hunt with it is the gun and a short started if needed. Plus its a cheap fix!

Great idea Younghunter! And you are right others have used this also. i seem to recall Saxman had a similar set-up :wink:
And if you are using the 250g Shockwaves, you may be able to set up a tube as a speed loader with the soboted bullet pointing down in the bottom of the tube, then add the powder on top. You can pour out the powder into the barrel, and with a snap down on your palm the bullet will come right out, ready for loading :wink: 8)

I'm glad it works for you.

Hate to tell you that you have re-invented the wheel though. :D

fast_s19.gif
picture borrowed from Doc White's site.

I did the same thing this prior season, but I used Lane's short tubes for 100 gr. charges. Worked great.

Underclocked said:
I'm glad it works for you.

Hate to tell you that you have re-invented the wheel though. :D

fast_s19.gif
picture borrowed from Doc White's site.

UC
Why don't I see any recycled milk jugs in your speed loaders?? :p :wink:

just to add to this, put a wad (unlubed for hunting) in front of the conical to keep the loose powder from sticking to the bullet lube. So when loading the powder goes in then the wad, turn the loader around and load the conical.... 8)

Latest posts

Back