April hog hunt?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feral hogs may not be a game animal...I don't know. I've never paid anything and have hunted hogs in Tennessee with 3 different outfitters...

UPDATE FIRM DATES:

Group arrives 04/17/09, hunting 04/18 and 04/19, departure am of 04/20 at the latest.

Cool! Do we need to tell them we're with the Modern Muzzleloaders party when we call to make reservations?

SWThomas said:
Cool! Do we need to tell them we're with the Modern Muzzleloaders party when we call to make reservations?

Just tell 'em Chuck's group! :D

Alrighty, my reservation is made and my deposit is paid. I'm looking forward to smoking some swine with you fellas in April!!!

Guess I won't be able to make the show this year. Trying to see about getting recovered fully from my M.I. last October and also getting back to my part-time driving job I had before the M.I.

sorry

I have to take wifey on a trip the week before somewhere sunny. She deserves after me hunting all year. her turn. But grreat idea and I do want to meet the guys i've been talking at........

I received my paperwork from Loshbough today. Everything looks pretty good and it sounds like we all should have the opportunity to take a real trophy.

I know it's still early but we should start planning some of the logistics now. What kind of food should we bring? I assume we are all going to dine together as a group. Should we just bring whatever we want or are we each going to get individual assignments on what to bring. I'm cool with either option.

Also, are we going to enjoy each others company with some alcohol in the evenings? If so, I will make sure to bring enough spirits for myself, a few friends I make along the way, and my guide so I can bribe him into putting me on a big porker.

I just wanted to throw this out there so we can start brainstorming this thing now....

I forgot to mention... I have access to some MRE's. That stands for "Meals Ready to Eat". They are military rations and are pretty tasty for field food. These would be excellent to take on the hunt with you and eat for lunch or even a snack. Let me know if any of you are interested in some of these and I can throw several cases in the truck. Free of charge of course. :D

I wish all of ya'll could make it! The more the MERRIER! :D

We'll talk about food later on.. I don't thing we will have to resort to MREs though! :shock: :D

big6x6 said:
I wish all of ya'll could make it! The more the MERRIER! :D

We'll talk about food later on.. I don't thing we will have to resort to MREs though! :shock: :D

No, I'm not suggesting we eat them exclusively. I assume we will cook up something great in the evenings. I was just suggesting the MRE's to carry as a lunch item if we're going to be out in the woods around that time. :)

Is this the place you guys are talking about? www.tennboar.com
I am really interested in this hunt. Do you guys mind if a Florida boy tags along. I'll have to see if I can swing it with my job and everything (High school teacher and Baseball coach) but it sounds like a lot of fun.

Latest posts

Back