April hog hunt?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
How many would be interested in going on a hog hunt in April somewhere in Tennessee if it could be worked out? Cost, somewhere south of $700.00...

I wish the opertunity to do that would come to AR. Lee

Would definetly like info for such. Are we talking any weapon , or ML only ?

Depend on when in April, turkey season starts the end of the month here. Also have to talk mama into it. :lol:

hunt

I would be interested in hearuing more. I would like to use my flint and/or inline for sure!

SWThomas said:
Maybe. More details would dictate my decision.

So what details would you like to know?

Of course I'll use a muzzleloader but you can use whatever you want.

big6x6 said:
SWThomas said:
Maybe. More details would dictate my decision.

So what details would you like to know?

Of course I'll use a muzzleloader but you can use whatever you want.
ALL DETAILS :!: What do we get for our $700? Room, Board, meals, dates etc.?

I'm also interested but I'll be in Kansas in early April turkey hunting.
Would like to hear more though. High fence? Free range?

Everything depends on WHO we hunt with. I'm somewhat reluctant to post details because the details may not be exact. But here is a generalization of the "details" that won't vary too much no matter where the hunt is.

1. Hogs are basically in a big fenced pen from 400 to 1000 acres or so. Game law says this is the way it has to be.
2. Price will generally include two nights lodging and two days hunting at least. Price from $600-$800. Food may or may not be included depending on where we go.
3. No kill no pay. Includes one hog. Additional hogs/other animals negotiable.
4. Dates will probably be either the second or third weekend in April.

I am probably going to use a muzzleloader and patched round ball. Bow or handgun would be great as well although I don't care what one uses.

You can put me on the list. All that sounds pretty good to me... Except for the fenced in land, but I can deal with that.

I forgot to ask.... How much is a non-resident hunting license in TN? And are any other permits required to hunt hogs with an outfitter???

U mite git a shirt er sumpin :wink:

2wcr8s9.gif

SWThomas said:
I forgot to ask.... How much is a non-resident hunting license in TN? And are any other permits required to hunt hogs with an outfitter???
See below....no license required in this case.

License: Don't need one in this case. So...no extra cost.

Here is the deal:

Hunt will be in Crossville, TN April 17th, 18th, and 19th with hunting taking place mostly on the 18th and 19th, goofing off on the 17th :D . We will at LEAST spend the night on the 17th and 18th. Cost will be $650.00 +/- $25.00 depending on how many end up coming.

I'll need $100.00 depost from those that are going on the hunt. PM/email me and I'll give you the address....

big6x6 said:
License: Don't need one in this case. So...no extra cost.

Here is the deal:

Hunt will be in Crossville, TN April 17th, 18th, and 19th with hunting taking place mostly on the 18th and 19th, goofing off on the 17th :D . We will at LEAST spend the night on the 17th and 18th. Cost will be $650.00 +/- $25.00 depending on how many end up coming.

I'll need $100.00 depost from those that are going on the hunt. PM/email me and I'll give you the address....

How is it that we can hunt but we don't need a hunting license? Is it factored into the cost?

Latest posts

Back