New flinter!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
just traded my .45 hawken today at rendezvous for a cva plainsman .50cal flintlock Limited edition ( brand new!) I put a flint on it and it showers sparks. It has a 20lb trigger but i will put in an adjustable tumbler when i get home.

Also spent $40 on registering for the ronnyvoo and will be doing some shooting with my traditions kentucky flinter.

I'll post pics when i get home after the ronny.

Sounds like fun!
Been to several, however, never participated. Just watched. I love the whole atmosphere.
My wife and I always load up on the Fry Bread.. :oops:

Always wanted a 16ft Tee Pee. 8)
My wife has the best teeth so she could soften the hides. :lol:

No seriously...I love her to death.

When we got married, I loved her so much, I coulda ate her!
Now after 29 years of marriage...

...wished I woulda! :oops:
:lol:

Why does she stay with me.... :roll:

Rendezvous turned out to be a bust. They didnt make new shooting event scheduels and i showed up early for 2 shooting events i wanted to join and they never happened. Im still pretty pissed off over spending $40 on it and only getting to shoot once. After that i threw in the towel and said screw it. I'll write the head guy an email when i get home and let him know what i thought about my first experience joining up.

I got some pics of the Plainsman today! My brother in law and I will be taking off to the NRA this evening to do some shooting with both the Kentucky and the Plainsman.
100_7874.jpg

100_7880.jpg

100_7879.jpg

First thing im going to do when i get home is knock that big ugly bulky rear sight out and slip in a nice buckhorn that i have. Rifle is brand new and will get its cherry busted this evening :lol:

FG.. a very nice looking rifle there.

As for Rendezvous, they are getting to be big business. When I first started in the Rendezvous circuit, there were very few that attended. The last one I went to there were over 1000 lodges. Just to big for my taste.

When I was married, my wife and I really enjoyed Rendezvous a lot. She'd go shopping, and go out to lunch with friends. Myself, I had a lot more fun. I'd leave her at home, go to the Rendezvous with a couple old friends, shoot rifles, throw hawks, knives, entire the fire starting competitions, and just drink lots of beer and dance all night. Almost made it possible to forget about her. :D Then you'd come home after four days of no showers, or baths, full of baked beans and brats, hung over on old stale beer, and could make a wonderful atmosphere in the house that I enjoyed because she didn't. :roll: The good old days...

Its a shame some of the Rendezvous got so big. It really took the enjoyment out of them. We turned into more of a side show for the tourists that came to walk through. Now I just go out in the yard and shoot by myself. Peace and quiet is a good thing.

Now I just go out in the yard and shoot by myself. Peace and quiet is a good thing.

Well Cayugad, let's try this. Skip the showers for the next four days and eat nothing but beans and brats during that time. Then tell us about it on line and we'll post a bunch of bitchy comments. :lol:

Shes FAST!

It amazed the chit out of me on the first shot. It requires very little 4f to ignite the main charge. I was shooting 70gr goex 3f with .015 patch and .490 round ball.

My first 2 shots measured 1 & 1/2" @ 100 yards. My final shot opened it up to 2 1/2". That 20lb trigger is an accuracy killer LOL. I didnt have a screw driver with me to adjust the sights, it was hitting One and a half FEET high @ 100 yards, but damn near dead center.

I just took care of the rear sight after cleaning the rifle and it should be close now. This rifle though has really impressed me. I do believe i will be holding onto to this rifle for a very long time. Maybe take it hunting this year?

Back