Howdy from SW Ohio

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shooter44n45

Reaction score
I've been muzzle loading since the early 90's and always owned CVA guns. Today I ordered a new one... A CVA Accura to be exact.
This makes for 3 smokepoles in my current inventory and Im looking forward to checking this newfangled gun out

I have hunted alot through the years but now that I have 2 teenagers, I have had to reduce myself to varmints and deer hunting.

This year Im taking my 13 year old daughter and my 13 year old stepson for their first year out. They will be going with a shotgun and maybe some bow hunting since they both have bows as well.

I look forward to getting t know ya'll.

Todd

:D :D :D

Welcome aboard :!: :!: You will like it here :!: Great place to hang out :!: I'm sure your going to enjoy your accura. I sure do. You have one thing you have to do first. You will have to find the components that your accura will like. Before I found out I tried Blackhorn 209, Pyrodex and Triple 7. I tried Remington STS Primers. No luck :!: :!: :!: After many weekends of getting P/O'ed, I finally found what works great for me. APP GOLD, Remington Kleanbore Primers and 295 gr H/P Powerbelt Bullets. I have them zeroed in at 2" high at 50 yards and they are dead on at 100.
Good luck and good hunting :!: :!:

I ordered som .44 crush rib harvesters and was going to combine those with some 300 grain XTP's and Pyrodex. I dont remember what I have for primers, I have to dig them out.

Im hoping to use this gun in Jan for our BP season so I guess I better get bsy as soon as the gun come in.

I did NOT order any glass for the gun yet. In Ohio we have alot of close shooting, maybe 150 yards tops and most deer are killed at under 75 and probably closer to 50. Im thinking of topping the gun with a Millet DMS zoomdot. Either way, I wont put glass on it until spring or summer. Im still young enough that I can shoot irons :D

Back