Traditions (Pietta) .36 Navy from MIDWAY.com

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CVA Fanboy

Supporting Member
Supporting member
Reaction score
I ordered 5 days ago, was ready for pick up (Post Office) 10-6-21 Need some work on wedge end of arbor somewhat crushed while punching hole for wedge, I got it polished and straightened out. Timing, lock up trigger/bolt springs functional. Had to follow Blackie Thomas shaman forge on you tube for minor fixes polish this/that for $279 I got a good Navy 1851 shipped fast. Yes condition could have been better, being 1 in stock, 2 sent and 3 no ffl just means a little work, I get to add a personal touch.

*************UPDATE*****10-8-21*********
Had it out the first time this morning, even with the locking up issues which I stopped noticing on the 4th or 5th cylinder, during this time lead and paper were building up on forcing cone, removed between reloading. Even went to waste side by the 6th cylinder. I honestly thought it was a send back or exchange. I guess sometimes they have got to be USED/SHOT have a few dozen rounds ran through to slap em into functional firearms. As far as "Paper Cartridges" Yes however my .44 seems to have better all around digestion of them.

Attachments

• Pietta .44 Sheriff and 1851 Navy .36.JPG
    Pietta .44 Sheriff and 1851 Navy .36.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Blackie Thomas shamans forge you tube has tons of info so does a mannyca, deuce and guns, guns of the west, duelist1954, really to much to list. Just great info out there, ALWAYS double check it if 3-4 different guys kicking out the same you can safely follow.

Latest posts

Back