Traditions Kentucky

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonewolf172

Reaction score
After finding a builder, he's awesome, to complete my Traditions Kentucky rifle here is an update. He has all the parts fitted and sanded. He had to fabricate a walnut piece to go in between the 2 sections since there was still a 1/16" gap even with the brass piece in place. The stocks been sanded and stained but not with any minwax stains. Stock still needs a 4th coat of oil and then dried. He used some kind of acid. Barrel is being browned and brass antiqued. Here are some before and after pictures at least with the stock. If you notice in the 1st picture you can see a difference in the wood color between the 2 pieces. The builder did an awesome job blending the stain of the 2 parts.

20211220_131337.jpgStock1.jpgStock2.jpg

Lonewolf you have a nice rifle there the kentucky rifle was the first rifle i built at age 15 that was many years ago there good rifles it will give you many years of good service i have been building for customers and doing repairs right at 30 years now and i enjoy every build if you like you can visit my website and see some of my work its www.harrisflintlockrifles.com This is a rifle i finished up a few months ago its carved from butt to muzzle i make just about all my parts i buy my barrels my stocks i get a blank with the barrel channel already cut and the ramrod hole drilled i hand inlett all my parts myself . Hope you enjoy my wesite and the pictures have a great weekend Ken.

Attachments

• Rifle pic #1.jpg
    Rifle pic #1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 22
  • Rifle pic #3.jpg
    Rifle pic #3.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
  • Rifle pic #2.jpg
    Rifle pic #2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 22
Nice rifle Lone Wolf and Flint. Below pic is of the 3rd kit I have finished out. First was a TC Hawken in .54, second was a CVA Kentucky rifle kit in .50 that a friend just had to have and the third is another CVA KR pictured below. I replaced the brass spacer with water buffalo horn. Stain is Laurel Mountain.
.50 CVA Kentucky w inlays 2.JPG

Lonewolf you have a nice rifle there the kentucky rifle was the first rifle i built at age 15 that was many years ago there good rifles it will give you many years of good service i have been building for customers and doing repairs right at 30 years now and i enjoy every build if you like you can visit my website and see some of my work its www.harrisflintlockrifles.com This is a rifle i finished up a few months ago its carved from butt to muzzle i make just about all my parts i buy my barrels my stocks i get a blank with the barrel channel already cut and the ramrod hole drilled i hand inlett all my parts myself . Hope you enjoy my wesite and the pictures have a great weekend Ken.
Hey Ken. Not too much in flints but you have built very nice ones.

Back