New member from New Jersey

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlm

Reaction score
I'm new to this site and also new to muzzleloading. I just picked up a used T/C Hawken .54 cal, it's in very good condition and doesn't seemed to have been shot much. It needed a nipple and put on musket cap nipple, I'm hoping I made a good choice. I'm having trouble getting supplies for it as .50 cal. seem to be more popular, ended up going to Cabela's for supplies, would like to find a local source but no luck so far. So I have a few questions, I plan on using it for both target and for deer hunting. Does anyone have any suggestions as to loads and ammo for this particular rifle, is Goex better than Pyrodex, or is some other powder better?(so many questions so little time) I hope to learn a lot from this site, never to old to learn. Thanks for you help. Roger

:D :D

Welcome Roger :!: :!: :!: You have come to right place to learn and ask questions because there are some good people here that will help you and share their priceless knowledge :!: :!: :!:

Have a great season and remember above all, safety first :!: :!:

Welcome to the site all ways good to hear from a new member so pull up a chair kick your shoes off make your self at home and enjoy your stay with us

Back