Field accessories

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramitupurs84

Reaction score
New to this...what type of accessories do I need to keep my powder dry, help things go easier in the field and keep them readily available....I have nothing as of late...

Are you guys into shooting sticks or tripods?

ramitupurs84 said:
New to this...what type of accessories do I need to keep my powder dry, help things go easier in the field and keep them readily available....I have nothing as of late...

Are you guys into shooting sticks or tripods?

I put my vials of pre-measured powder in zip-loc bags. Same for the primers(plus a few in my shirt pocket! :wink: ) I ALWAYS keep the original "shooting-stix" in my pack. They are small and lightweight and don't take up much space. They work in a pinch too... If I KNOW I'll be shooting off-hand I use my "pole cat."

Side note, Alabama's running back Mark Ingram's town is about 50-60 miles from mine. Good back..

Pole cat is the shooting stick that looks like a walking pole?

If your using pellets put them in like a MM minis tube deal?

When I used to shoot an inline with pellets I carried them in a cigar tube. They're usually airtight to protect the cigar and will keep your powder dry.

cigar

When I used to shoot an inline with pellets I carried them in a cigar tube. They're usually airtight to protect the cigar and will keep your powder dry.

Careful make sure cigar is not loaded, make a heck of an exploding cigar!

ramitupurs84 said:
Side note, Alabama's running back Mark Ingram's town is about 50-60 miles from mine. Good back..

Pole cat is the shooting stick that looks like a walking pole?

If your using pellets put them in like a MM minis tube deal?

Yeah he IS a good back! 8)

Here is my MAIN "shooting stick."

060-T3B62BXX.jpg

Stoney Point Polecat Explorer

I've had it several years and it is a good one...

roll of electrical tape in my pack for the end of the barrel.

when I shot pellets I just carried 3-4 waterproof speed loaders. now that I am shooting bh209 I will use lane's tubes

when in a lock on I use a stoney point mono pod that I rest either on the base of the stand or on my boot toe...not the best but better than off hand. when in a blind I use stoney point's bi pod

[/quote]

Yeah he IS a good back! 8)

Here is my MAIN "shooting stick."

060-T3B62BXX.jpg

Stoney Point Polecat Explorer

I've had it several years and it is a good one...[/quote]

You know who his daddy is right? Also his HS football's coach let two kids who play who were in and out of jail. During the season...

So you tape over the barrel and when you fire it blows off? And it doesn't affect your shot?

The property we hunt has a old coal mine that got pumped full of concrete. Not a huge operation but a large hill/ mountain...about a 100 feet tall or even taller. It over looks 4 fields, so I think those sticks would be awesome then I lay in the ditches between fields and the farm roads going through the property. How easy are they to move around for that type of shooting. The type were you sit and look around while sitting on a pale. You have crank your neck to see a distance and leave on the backside to shoot...

Well I took the muzzle loader into local gunsmith. Outfitted with the 209 conversion kit. I bought a pack of the Remmington Kleanbore 209 primers, a pack of 250gr. T/C shockwaves (yellow tips), they talked me into them. A pack of triple of 7 50gr pellets. I picked up two field loading tubes and a primer deal to put the 209's on easier.

I read some 50+ reviews on the shockwaves on Cabelas.com anyone else deal with them. I haven't heard anything bad yet about them till I read some reviews. Sounds like they can blow righ tthru unless they close to the shoulder making them expand.

Just ordered some boots from Cabelas the Iron mountain 800 insulated leather boots...lol only place that has reasonable boots in my size. 16 EE LOL....

Back