Renagade finish?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auton

Reaction score
I have a oportunity to buy a TC Renagade a older one in new condition.

:?: Did TC offer it in a Browned Finish? Because this one has it.

Auton said:

No, they are all blued........as far as I know!

Barrel Channel

Will the TC Big Boar 58 Cal. fit in a 50 cal Renagade Stock?

Re: Barrel Channel

Auton said:

I may be wrong but I think Green mountain makes a .58 barrel that will fit the Renegade stock. Is it 15/16 or 1" across the flats?

Auton said:

If you have a T/C Renegade with the double triggers and a browned barrel it was probably a kit rifle. They came in the White and you had to finish the barrel. I have a Renegade that is a kit rifle and I browned the barrel.

Auton said:

I think in the Renagade .50 caliber they are 15/16th on the flat instead of 1" and there fore the .58 caliber bigbore will not fit. Also the Green Mountian Barrel comes in two sizes, the 15/16th and the 1" you can only get the .58 caliber in the 1 inch on the flat. Just measure your flat to find out which one it is. If it is a .50 I will guess it is a 15/16th unless this is a real old rifle.. Some of them came 1" on the flat.

You can get a .54 caliber with a 1-70 twist in the 15/16th and it would be a great roundball shooter... I have all .54 caliber Renegades strictly for the reason of going with some of the bigger bores.

I also have some of the Stainless Steel .50 caliber barrels and they are excellent shooter to say the least.

cayuga said:
Auton said:

I think in the Renagade .50 caliber they are 15/16th on the flat instead of 1" and there fore the .58 caliber bigbore will not fit. Also the Green Mountian Barrel comes in two sizes, the 15/16th and the 1" you can only get the .58 caliber in the 1 inch on the flat.

I believe that all Renegades had 1" barrels, regardless of caliber. All T/C Hawkens of .54cal also had 1" barrels but the .45cal & .50cal had 15/16" barrels. The .58cal Big Boar was based on a Renegade stock so that barrel should fit any Renegade, as would the GM .58cal barrel, which would be my choice.

To the best of my knowledge all Renegades have 1" barrels. The serial number on a kit gun starts with a K. Kit guns are not covered by TC lifetime warranty.

I developed surface rust on the outside of my barrel about 15 years ago. A gunsmith friend was in the process of Parkerizing some guns so he overed to glass bead and Parkerize my Renegade gun metal gray color. He did the barrel and all the other metal on the gun except the lock. The result has been a trouble free surface that cools fast and is rust resistant. It is also unique. I do not know of another like it.

Back