Did a trigger job on my Genesis today (PICS)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWThomas

Reaction score
So I decided to smoothen up the trigger pull on my Remington Genesis today. I started by doing an approximate trigger pull test. I say approximate because you can see by the pictures that I just used weights. If we had a gun smith in the shop I could use some of his precision tools but he's still about a month out from getting here. So I have to use the Armorer tools available to me.

GenesisTriggerJob3.jpg

The trigger pull ended up being around 7 pounds. Kind of heavy but lowering it wasn't really what I wanted to accomplish. So I disassembled the trigger and here's how everything looked...

CopyofGenesisTriggerJob.jpg

CopyofGenesisTriggerJob1.jpg

GenesisTriggerJob4.jpg

Getting everything apart was very simple since the hammer and the trigger are held in place with just straight pins. I'm glad spring pins weren't used as that would make things just a tad more difficult. So then I started wet stoning the trigger and the hammer notch. I basically wanted to just clean them up a little to make the pull smoother. They weren't smooth at all and look like they were just parkerized and that was it. So I stoned until all the parkerization was removed and then stoned a tad on the edges.

GenesisTriggerJob5.jpg

CopyofGenesisTriggerJob2.jpg

I succeeded in making it smoother and with a little more stoning in the right spots I was also able to shave about 2 pounds off the trigger pull. It's just a little over 5 pounds now and not too light to where it would be a safety issue. I really like the way it feels now. Just thought I'd share...

very interesting post. And good job on the trigger job. I just don't have the skills to try something like that. Or the guts.. :D

nice job ,glad it came out right ..my friend also has a Remington Genesis and i will show him the pictures that u made ..

it should be a STICKY for futur reference ...

Yeah...really great post! Kind of Underclocked in nature! :D

Interesting work. :wink: I wonder if you considered trying to re-harden those sear points?

The Genesis trigger is a flimsy thing, depending fully on the interaction between those two torsion springs. If you attempt to strengthen or weaken one or the other, you can alter pull-weight but may do so at the expense of a too weak hammer, a trigger that doesn't return, or a hammer that doesn't properly rebound.

But there has to be a tolerance range on those springs' compression which results in some Genesis rifles having nice, crisp triggers at reasonable pull weight, while others have anything but...

A guy needs a whole bunch of spares to play with on these cold winter nights. 8) er sumpin. :D

Thanks Chuck - I think. :)

Latest posts

Back