Track of The Wolf

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How is doing business with this company?I like how everything is described. Shot traditional many moons ago and i want to get back into it. I have had an array of inlines and im down to one a CVA MR. 54`s in traditional seem easier to obtain but im up in the years and do not know if i want to deal with the recoil. I would mainly use it on the range and for whitetail and black bear if lucky. Them Renegades have always caught my eyes I would like one in a 50. Moderate weight and enough to get the job done. Suggestions for an old timer?

I've done business with "Track" for many years now and can't offer a complaint. Everything I purchased from them has been of excellent quality, the catalogue pictures show well. I have never had to return anything so have not tested that "policy". I have an order in now for a ML shotgun tip, worm, and several assorted rod tips to replace ones I seem to have displaced.......which is not an unusual occurance with me......

I've done business with "Track" for many years now and can't offer a complaint. Everything I purchased from them has been of excellent quality, the catalogue pictures show well. I have never had to return anything so have not tested that "policy". I have an order in now for a ML shotgun tip, worm, and several assorted rod tips to replace ones I seem to have displaced.......which is not an unusual occurance with me......
I agree that they are as good as stated, have bought from them when the first started, by the way they are celebrating 48 years in business. I have dealt with them when in my muzzleloading bussiness and now again with GRRW.CA for some of our supplies in building our guns.

Not sure on this one Buck . I’ve dealt with them a lot and I’ve liked them . However I bought some 58 minie that looked like they had chicken pox dark gray splotches all over and they would not shoot I wrote them an email and never did get a reply of any sort .

I ordered from Track of the Wolf, and my order was shipped on Nov 23rd............ I find it hard to believe it's still in route. Maybe it's just a fluke, but it should have been here by now to NW Montana.

Depending on its size (packing) can slow the process down. I inquired about timing on a rifle kit and was told by UPS that it could be several weeks with the Christmas rust. Checked with USPS was told they have shipped over 7 million more letters and packages this year when compared to last year. These companies cry about being over loaded, but seem to have no problem in raising the costs for shipping...... :mad:

I'm in the business & shipping is slow slow. I guess we're blaming covid & Donald Trump of course.

Well the Pony Express rider showed up today, with a box.... open the box they could have used a bubble envelope and mailed it... oh well, the product is here. :cool:

I've ordered from Track, I've ordered from Dixie, have no complaints about either one....

.54 with a reduced charge won't recoil hardly at all for paper punching and you won't notice the higher charge when dropping the hammer on a deer! A hunting load doesn't have to be 100+ grains, 75 will get the job done on deer very nicely. 70 grains of Fffg in my .45 with a round ball is plenty if I do my part.

Last edited:
If it went USPS, expect up to 2 weeks. I shipped a horn Nov 19th and it arrived one state away, Dec 2nd.

I shipped a box to a son in California via priority mail which should have been delivered in 3 days....and it's now just over a week and he still hasn't received it. The mail services are a real mess right now and very unreliable. I purchased a Pedersoli pistol from a fella in Al recently and it was a good example. He sent it with signature required and not only was it ignored, the box was dropped on a porch almost a block from my house. Luckily the lady that lived there found the box when she got home from work just after dark, and delivered it to my house.

Merry Christmas, did Biden have anything to do with the mail yet ....... :cool:

buffani.gif

in-ge-nu-i-ty.jpg

Well the Pony Express rider showed up today, with a box.... open the box they could have used a bubble envelope and mailed it... oh well, the product is here. :cool:
I once asked/emailed one of my suppliers why they couldn't just put my order it in a small padded envelope (screws and a couple springs) and I was thinking it would be cheaper, they said "your more likely to get it, it costs us about the same, and is harder for someone in the mail stream to pilfer, and indicted by doing so they find fewer parts that "failed" to make delivery. Thats what they said, makes sense to me. Now the big carriers have tracking ability that seems to work and one can follow a package progress.

I shipped a muzzleloader 3 day priority. Costly to say the least. I filed a complaint and it got the Postal Service attention. As i recall nothing got done till complaint was filed. It got delivered fairly quick after that. Customer was happy but it certainly was not 3 days.

I just ordered a small items (a couple caliber of round ball and a couple odds n ends) from Track of the Wolf about a week ago, it arrived in about 4 days. I have ordered from them for years now and always fast, reliable service.

With said; both my wife and I have had issues with ALL mail services since this whole China Virus BS.
Even FedEx recently showed a package (boots) "in route" then "out for delivery" then the next day it Changed to "Shipping label made, waiting for pickup"??? Called the seller and they were just as confused...two days later it suddenly showed up, just one day late from predicted.

Another item from Amazon, turned out to be coming from....China!!!
(Had I known I would not have ordered!!)
Last known location "Entered country" then "Handed to US Customs", then...VANISHED!
But the seller shipped me a replacement, said from their "Texas outlet" (??!!??)

Mail orders of ALL kinds these days is a total crap shoot.

I ship almost all of the bows I build by USPS priority mail. It is not as reliable as it used to be. Recently I had one bow stolen/lost after it was scanned into the post office in Michigan, one took two weeks to deliver to Colorado, I live in Wyoming and one had the package almost destroyed in New York, luckily the bow was OK. I still use USPS but make sure to insure every one I send now.

Latest posts

Back