Today was just for shootin, and ringing the gong.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonE

Reaction score
Been down sick with covid, put in the hospital and had to miss our last club shoot... so I got out today to shoot off hand at only 25 yards.... don't really need to practice beyond that, with the trail walk shoots about the same. I also shot the off hand 25 yard target for the NMLRA with a 5 shot group.

Attachments

• DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • DSC_0017.jpg
    DSC_0017.jpg
    969.1 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC_0018.jpg
    DSC_0018.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Looks like a fun day....but chilly !

It was actually about 40*, so not to bad.... when it started to cool down more, it was time to wrap it up... walking away with a smile on my face.

I have always loved Montana country and thought hard about moving there when I retired, but after growing up in Nebraska I just couldn't face the snow like that anymore and opted for Texas instead. You are lucky to live in such an area with the guts to face the white stuff !

Glad to see your up and running. You got some range time to blast some powder. Good stuff!!
Keep it up. Thanks for sharing :)

The last postal shoot was fun.....

Attachments

• 6Y1A4013.jpg
    6Y1A4013.jpg
    577.1 KB · Views: 14
That is great that you are getting out after being down with that dang Covid. Glad you are on the mend. Good shooting. What part of Montana do you live. I have some friends that live there around Billings and Red Lodge. One is Mark Baker that does music, muzzleloading and primitive archery and bow making. He loves that place.
Those photos make me want to pack up and head that way. Would have to drag out the wool and pack boots. :)
Take care and post more photos of your shooting and country side.
Mike

"Today was just for shootin, and ringing the gong" His gong was rung years ago................. Have fun "Walker".

That is great that you are getting out after being down with that dang Covid. Glad you are on the mend. Good shooting. What part of Montana do you live. I have some friends that live there around Billings and Red Lodge. One is Mark Baker that does music, muzzleloading and primitive archery and bow making. He loves that place.
Those photos make me want to pack up and head that way. Would have to drag out the wool and pack boots. :)
Take care and post more photos of your shooting and country side.
Mike

I'm in NW Montana in Kalispell, lots of National Forestry, and big timber company land here. Still having some breathing issues, but we are on the mend for sure. I'll try and get out more, making smoke is just too much fun.

I just finished making up some paper targets to go out with me tomorrow....if the weather cooperates. I changed out the front sight on one of my TC's and need to resight it. My next club match is still about 10 days away, so hopefully this one will sight in and group good enough. Won't have to do this in the snow though !!

My paper targets are still sitting in the garage along with the rifle that needs sighted in. Weather just hasn't been cooperating. I don't have another match to shoot in until the 13th, so I still have plenty of time.
I have a bunch of steel targets too, but just don't use them much with my target muzzleloaders. I do work them over pretty much with the hunting guns though !

I got out yesterday, and shot a nice 1" group with it, but the sights just aren't right and I ordered a replacement front. Now I'll get out to do it all again when the sight gets here. The front sight I had on it was just too tall, and I had the receiver sight way up in the air to make it all work. I'll get it all together eventually.

Latest posts

Back