Shockwaves still have polymer tip?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nic_58

Reaction score
Do the latest T/C Shockwaves still have the hard polymer tip like they have always had or have they gone to the flex tips like Hornady SST's?

T/C shock waves are the same as HORNADY SST ....HORNADY SST has a red tip and the shockwaves have a yellow tip [both are made by HORNADY]

shockwaves

I have not seen any shockwave in any store that did not have the hard plastic tip.

black powder said:
T/C shock waves are the same as HORNADY SST ....HORNADY SST has a red tip and the shockwaves have a yellow tip [both are made by HORNADY]

They're not the same anymore and haven't been for quite awhile. I purchased 300 gr. Hornady SST's over a year ago and they have the soft rubbery Flex Tip on them. But the last time I saw Shockwaves on the shelves of stores, they still had the hard plastic polymer tip, just not as pointed as the old SST's had though. That's why I was wondering if the Shockwaves still come with the tip like they always did. I think Herb answered that. Thanks!

The ones I got from Wal-Mart last month still have the Hard Yellow tip.

Latest posts

Back