Apex Shooters

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fisher1

Reaction score
Are there any Apex shooters here.? I would like to here your accuracy and or general thoughts. I read here i think that they are bringing out a .45 cal.,wonder what the twist will be.

fisher1 said:
Are there any Apex shooters here.? I would like to here your accuracy and or general thoughts. I read here i think that they are bringing out a .45 cal.,wonder what the twist will be.

The .45 twist is 1:28 according to the CVA information. Underclocked has an Apex in .50 cal, and has done an outstanding review, and a couple range reports as well.

Underclocked said:
http://www.sunrisearchery.com/Apex.htm

The more I use it, the more I like it.

Thats a really nice writeup you have done. After shooting the gun more, what has become your favorite hunting load? I just bought an Accura and now that I read more about the Apex, the more I may have to pick one up this summer. It sure would be nice to have a switch barrel gun. We can only hunt varmints with centerfires but I would like to have one that can be used for big game sometime if I ever hunt out of state. All my current centerfires (up to .308) sport varmint barrels and are not fun to hike with.

Thanks.

So far I am using a .451 300 grain Speer Uni-Cor bullet that Sabotloader introduced to me. He sent me a handful and they shot very well so I had to get more.

mj0oba.jpg

This is a 3 shot group fired November 5th with the 3-shot group from September 29th overlaid (white holes). The load was exactly the same but the scope had been on and off the rifle about a half-dozen times in the interim. Note the cold, clean bore shot.

I've shot better groups with the rifle but I think that target tells why the combo was chosen.

Im going to have to check into these unicore bulets. Since hey are softpoints, I bet they have a better BC than the XTP's im shooting now.

Latest posts

Back