CVA Kodiac vs Wolf

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darwin60

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a cheap in-line.I'm trying to decide between the Kodiac and the Wolf.Any input on these 2 or pros and cons would be appreciated.Thanks.

I have a Wolf, and think that it is a great little shooter. I dont know anything about the Kodiak, but for what you pay for the Wolf, it is an awesomoe little gun. I have never heard anyone say a bad word about the Wolf.

I also have a Wolf. It shoots good. It's considered a good brush gun. The price is right if you are just starting out with a muzzleloader and not to sure about it. It will shoot just as good as TC's or anything else!

Wolf or Kodiak

Go with the Wolf. I have experienced both and prefer the wolf over the Kodiak. Better handling and very good shooter also.

I just bought the package w/ the CVA Wolf. Hadn't arrived yet but looking forward to getting it sighted in and hitting the piney woods for my county's first ML season.

If you are going to hunt and enjoy a lot of plinking or range time then the Kodiak IMO has an edge. Atleast the Kodiak Pro stainless does.

Still hunting or scoping out a big field from a good rest i would also prefer the Kodiak.

The stock on mine is great, the trigger is average and the long stainless fluted barrel is fairly good quality. The Kodiak has many stock options you can sometimes buy directly from CVAs closeouts. I got a sweet laminated thumbhole for only $74 shipped.

BTW my Win Apex is basically a rebranded CVA Kodiak Magnum Pro.

Its not a pleasant all day carry gun or good brush gun. The Wolf really is much better if ease of carry is high on your list. The Wolf is probably a bit easier to clean but isnt offered in stainless. I dont think the Kodiak is still offered in stainless either.

Its not really if either is better than the other. Its more like which one is better for your shooting habits, needs and preferences. :wink:

Go handle both and buy what you like. Both are pretty nice for the money and the Accura is only a few dollars more than a Kodiak. :D

Back